Sign in to follow this  
cpl

campbelliana

unfortunatelly i dont have location data of the plant ;/ the colour is more red than orange when you look at it. the plant is 7-8 years old

Beautiful. Congratulations on getting it to flower. Would you mind sharing your cultivation details with us?

Lovely. I take it it's tricky to grow/flower?

Growing it is a challenge... getting it to flower is a major achievement!

i keep the plant moist all the time under the strong light. it never gets more than 25C dring the day and more than 13-15C during the night. its painfully slow but anyway it flowers every year, this year i have two flowers for the first time,

Splendid!!! This is what comes to mind when you see such a beautiful image.

Best regards,

Rodrigo

i keep the plant moist all the time under the strong light. it never gets more than 25C dring the day and more than 13-15C during the night.
It appears that you're growing it on a moss-covered plaque of some sort - treefern / cork?

yes, exactly- its a piece of cork covered with moss- ive decided to transplant it when i saw oictures of it growing in the wild spots- since then it grows far more better and looks like a wild plant.

its definitely one of my favourites- it flowers every year at the same time of the year- i can be sure i will it nex year also, maybe 3 scapes ? who knows ;)

What light do you use and what are the humidity levels?

i use a combination of fluorescent tubes- the light is strong. humidity levels are also high- over 90% during the day and 100% during the night. the picture was taken under MH lights in other grow chamber i have.

Very nice specimen, congratulations on getting it to flower:) Its not that easy. Nice to see people growin those in Poland!

cheers

Peter

Edited by moof