Even bad leaves can produce plants

mattynatureboy44

I took a leaf from a big boy division that seemed to be dying and had mould or mildew on it and placed it in some media with no expectations, but 6 weeks later new growth has started popping up. You can still see the mould/mildew on the damaged leaf.

9544567505_f1ba86869d.jpg

WP_20130819_018 by mattynatureboy44, on Flickr

9547368168_66b8a7df3e.jpg

WP_20130819_017 by mattynatureboy44, on Flickr

I also took a very small leaf from a Dudley Watts Division that had been half eaten by something and looked to be withering and no good at all and placed it in the corner of the pot and again expecting it to die then 6 weeks later new growth is emerging.

9547345564_9fa8a1becd.jpg

WP_20130819_026 by mattynatureboy44, on Flickr

9544558003_301a16521c.jpg

WP_20130819_025 by mattynatureboy44, on Flickr

• Like 1

A pleasing sight indeed, nice one ! Wouldn't it now be worth cutting away the damaged/infected leaves just to be on the safe side ?

No signs of roots yet from the leaves you sent me, but it has only been a few weeks. The leaves still look as fresh as the day i received them, so i guess patience is the key :smile:

A pleasing sight indeed, nice one ! Wouldn't it now be worth cutting away the damaged/infected leaves just to be on the safe side ?

No signs of roots yet from the leaves you sent me, but it has only been a few weeks. The leaves still look as fresh as the day i received them, so i guess patience is the key :smile:

I wouldn't think it would be worth cutting away the affected leaves quite yet, probably best to leave it to grow a bit more first, I find cuttings that have taken root and then the original leaves dies they seem to grow super slow.

If they are still green and look healthy it's a good sign, try not to disturb or keep checking them be patient and try to forget about them.