Pinguicula louisii

Beautiful specimen Aymeric :tu: , the flower of the same is magnificent :Laie_71mini: .

Note: You could tell whether P. crystalina ssp. crystalina (or according to some, only P. crystalina) is still grown? I ask this because I never heard of anyone who has it in his collection.

Best regards,

Rodrigo

Richard, P. louissi is a Pinguicula native of Albania. Some botanists treat it as their own and other species as a variety of P. hirtiflora. There are also those who use a more conservative approach and treat these plants as synonyms for P. crystalina ssp. hirtiflora.

Best regards,

Rodrigo

Unfortunately not. Your seeds never germinated.

That's a pitty :( The same seed germinated for me very well... But it's the same like many other times. For example your P. crenatiloba seed which never germinated for me and some others. Its a mystery for me why seed sometimes germinate well and sometimes the same seed refuse to germinate at all! Maybe when I've got a little more time I have to take a closer look at that!

Cheers Marcus

That's a pitty :( The same seed germinated for me very well... But it's the same like many other times. For example your P. crenatiloba seed which never germinated for me and some others. Its a mystery for me why seed sometimes germinate well and sometimes the same seed refuse to germinate at all! Maybe when I've got a little more time I have to take a closer look at that!

Cheers Marcus

Good vs. bad microbes in/on the soil when the seed is trying to germinate?