your favorite nepenthes species/hybrid

19Silverman93

As the title suggests, What is your favorite species or hybrid of nepenthes and why? I personally have a soft spot for ampullaria myself, the pitchers are lovely and round with a big peristome too, almost cute, in as much as a pitcher can be cute that is, but for it's sheer showy-ness I have to say I think I like Robcantleyi the best :D

Nepenthes attenboroughii , gorgeous plants and they grow very fast under my conditions.

What are your conditions? ;)

We've got a few seedlings that I picked up this year, seem to be doing well so far but still very small.

So many to choose from, I like bicalcarata but mine isn't all that impressive yet. I'm becoming a big fan of sibyuanensis, fantastic large, squat pitchers with some lovely pink and yellow colours as the traps develop. Think I'm going to have to say N. lowii though. It's a real robust plant with interesting lower pitchers, but it's the uppers that really stand out!

Man thats a hard one so many I seen , here is a few of my favorites

N attenboroughii Mt.Victoria trip

P1040782.jpg

N.rajah Mt.kinabalu

P1010715.jpg

N. lowii Murud

P1010522.jpg

N.hurrelliana

P1010547.jpg

just a few of my favorites ,so many more from my trips to choose from !!

Edited by snapperhead51
  • Like 3

N.rajah Mt.kinabalu

P1010715.jpg

That Rajah is bloody gorgeous! (as are all of those that you posted really) but if I really pressed you, which takes the absolute biscuit?

All the above are stunning but for a favourite I'm going to have to say veitcheii, not only because they have nice tubby pitchers in a range of colours but also because they are easy to grow, the leaves/shoots are almost furry and interesting in the own right and the plants don't get too much out of control, unlike a lot of others that seem to think they are strangler vines of some sort. If only i get one to grow up a tree trunk...

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, this is a tough one... my favorite used to be N. rafflesiana. Then N. ampullia. N. madagascariensis for several months. Then N. ventricosa for several years, but the empherial lids became annoying.

I think now my favorite species is whatever the plant known as N. singalana Belirang is.

• 2 weeks later...