Sign in to follow this  
Trish

The flies are here

Has anyone else noticed the flies have arrived, and the butterflies, wasps, bees etc.

Hardly any flies all year but went into my greenhouse yesterday and there were dozens of them buzzing around and loads already buzzing in the pitchers.

The plants are having a feast

Trish

I agree this week i,ve never seen so many flies/wasps in the greenhouses.my sarrs are full to the brim with flies and wasps that there falling over with the amount that they've court. Yum yum

Yeah I completely agree - I thought the same earlier. Literally in this past fortnight the numbers have exploded and every time I open the greenhouse door I am met with a rather angry buzzing. Also my Nepenthes Sanguinea pitchers seem to be filled with nothing but wasps.

I agree this week i,ve never seen so many flies/wasps in the greenhouses.my sarrs are full to the brim with flies and wasps that there falling over with the amount that they've court. Yum yum

Definitely - I have quite a nice S. Leucophylla pitcher which has a definite slant to it with the weight of the stacked corpses inside! I noticed your also in Worcs - which part?

Edited by chj93

I'm in the Evesham area of worcestershire.

What part are you from?.

Definitely - I have quite a nice S. Leucophylla pitcher which has a definite slant to it with the weight of the stacked corpses inside! I noticed your also in Worcs - which part?

I went in the greenhouse yesterday and it was full of flies. Not seen any all year then all of a sudden they are everywhere.

Do you think its the rain thats bought them out, they didnt seem to like the sun, no flies at all when it was so hot.

Loads of flies now. One of my S. alata plants opened up a big pitcher about 10 days ago and it already is showing signs of indigestion. Pity as I love alata.