At last it's rained

Well after 68mm of rain in half an hour last night I don't think I will be going down the local aquatic shop this weekend to buy any RO water !

Edited by 3Star

yep, panic over for a while, my 310Ltr water butt, catching run off from half the GH, went from quarter full to full to the brim during the day and other 3 filled up as well.

Pitiful amount of rain in London. Barely made the ground damp! Starting to get desperate now. I've been buying water for the past two weeks, and am at risk of bankruptcy if this carries on!

after the thunderstorms on monday night, I now have 500 litres of rainwater and a further 15 gallons of rainwater collected simply by leaving my 3 of my 5 gallon containers outside in the rain with a large funnel sticking out of the top, catching the rain as it falls. Just got 1 more 5 gallon container to fill and then I'm full to capacity.

Butt over flowing! The 25litre containers my deionised (emptied within a few days) water came in have proved useful as I've decanted water from my butt into the containers. Good job really because the butt is now full again!

Padlock the water butt lid and tap.

Trouble is I still haven't worked out how to attach the rainwater collection system to my greenhouse (there is no gutter) so I'm using the water butts attached to the admin hut on the allotment site, which everybody else has access to, so I have to get in there quick. I managed to harvest about 30 gallons yesterday, which will keep me going for a few days - a week maybe!

Trouble is I still haven't worked out how to attach the rainwater collection system to my greenhouse (there is no gutter) so I'm using the water butts attached to the admin hut on the allotment site, which everybody else has access to, so I have to get in there quick. I managed to harvest about 30 gallons yesterday, which will keep me going for a few days - a week maybe!

BNQ do standard gutters that can be fitted to the greenhouse just use standard guttering clips or modify some of your own or bolt it straight to the greenhouse. You gotta have a water butt attached to the greenhouse and make use of it.