S. flava "Goldie"

prized

Hi all, it's about 2 years I grow this plant.. I firstly bought it because I have always seen beautiful pictures of it, where it get nearly white pitcher with no veins in the throat.

Like these:

Photo1

Photo2

Well, during all the time I've grown it, I have never seen a colouration like that on my plants, look:

my photo

What do you think it could be the reason? I keep my Goldie right behind the glass and it stands in full sun from 10am to 6pm...

thanks in advance

I remember when I got mine as a division a few years ago it did take a year before it settled in and produced the yellow pitchers, though I would say I normally don't see as much red veining in the throat as your picture. As Stephen says, the emerging pitchers are usually strongly coloured as well. Has it flowered? From my experience Goldie's flowers are bigger than all my other flavas.

All the best,

Mark

Where did you buy it? This plant is definitely fake :sarcastic_hand: Only vegetative propagation is allowed. For example: when you buy a seedling is not the same as the parent plant, common mistake.

Edited by Banana

Where did you buy it? This plant is definitely fake :sarcastic_hand: Only vegetative propagation is allowed. For example: when you buy a seedling is not the same as the parent plant, common mistake.

I'm not a newbie, I know all that things..

I bought TWO plants from the same seller and both looks the same.....the seller is Paul Gardner of PJPlants, so I don't think it is fake....I think we can all trust Paul...

Here is another picture taken few days ago from the back

photo

and one of the most "veinless" pitcher

photo

Edited by prized

I have 3 good sized plants of Goldie, all from Paul. None of them look anything like the one in your photo, and I agree with the others, it's not a Goldie unfortunately.

Hi Yuri, I can vouch for yuri,he is no beginner at growing sarracenia.

When i saw yuri's photo my first impression was it was not Goldie,no way.

Paul or someone on his behalf could have made a mistake,two years in the Italian sun is enough for any plant to settle in to its growing conditions.it should be bright luminous yellow early on in the season,then it fades slightly and some veining appears.

I would also ask him what he has sold you.

ada

Yuri is certain that the "Goldie" There are a lot of pictures with very pronounced veins, and also my major growers behaves like yours

my https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/972191_532497416796896_2030923971_n.jpg

http://www.giardinocarnivoro.it/detail/2508

mike king http ://www.cpukforums.com/images/702F257_2011a.jpg

Although it's been around for years there was no great demand for 'Goldie' until a rather silly price was paid for it on ebay. I am of the opinion it's all about money :D

I think it's a problem of sunlight, temperature and humidity or combination of them; also I have a goldie bought by Paul Gardner 3 or 4 years ago, is identical to that of Yuri

I have the same problem as you Yuri !

i bought a Goldie from Paul G. , too ! and it looks like yourS !

only the first year it has some near Golden pitchers !

But yes the Plant has the biggest yellow flava flowers of all !

Thats thread is very interesting, because the origin of all Goldies, is Paul Gardner !

Pascal