There is a lot about light and heat for are beloved plants but how much is too much. As some will know we are in something of good weather for the UK but my garden is hitting 27oC and light levels are through the roof. It is at a point that I have had to shade some of my more shade loving seedlings, Digitalis and such.

I have my one seedling sunning in the garden and a set of seed and some look like they may be starting to germinate (when viewed at 400X magnification) all covered to stop them drying out but am I at risk of cooking them? :sun_bespectacled:

Covering them in clingfilm will likely result in ultra high temperatures inside the microclimate and cook the seeds.

Bugrit! Clingfilm is now perforated and keeping a close eye on it. I only covered as was told they like the humidity but without knowing the tolerances of it was not sure how hot is too hot.

I think you are over complicating things. Theres nobody going around wrapping cling film around plants in the wild and theyve been doing just fine without us for millions of years. Just ensure they are kept watered. The plant takes up water as fast as it can be lost by a process called transpiration which is mainly passive driven by evaporation from the leaves. The only time it fails is if there is insufficient water in the soil to replace that which is lost

Can't have too much sun for sundews (generally). Clingfilm is a bad Idea surely, how would you keep it from flopping onto the plants? If you need protection a rigid cloche of some sort allowing ventilation (mini greenhouse/ cold frame, propagator, half a plastic bottle with the lid off) When it comes to temperatures it all depends on the species but 27 is not high and the native wild ones get the same weather! Obviously it's a bit different if you're growing under cover.