Duck tape v gorilla tape

gotcher

As anyone tried gorilla tape instead of duck tape for either greenhouse use or outside . Gorilla does a range of products which as very good feedback not cheap though . Many are selling poor quality tapes as ducktape .

I am thing of trying it as I think this would be better than duck tape . Thank you in advance .

I've never had problem with the Duck Tape brand. I used to make clothes out of it when I was a teen. They even do competitions for it. What problems did you have with the tape? Was it an offbrand? I've never heard of gorilla tape.

Thanks a lot Alexis It looks like I have no option but to try gorilla tape greenhouse tape also falls off after a short tine in winter the glue is very poor .Greenhouse tape was very good many years ago when it was made in the uk .

Gorilla claims it sticks to stone and is weather proof I will give it ago and see how it does with the sun only time will tell .

i use gorilla tape in my survival kit when mountain biking miles from any town where sheep dare not to go. it fixes ripped tyres broken glasses and helmet and with gorilla tape and a tree branch to help i rode 18 miles back home with a snapped frame. a 6 inch gash in my leg taped back together allowed me to finish a long ride at the lake district.oh and i used it to seal the edges of the twin wall polycarbonate on my little grow house two years ago and its still stuck. i cleaned the surface where the tape is to applied with brake cleaner and pressed firmly its takes some getting off if you make a mistake. its good stuff