U. campbelliana growing like mad...

mobile

A beautiful species of Utricularia, but never seen anyone farming it this way before and this is something for me, at a minimum, unusual.

Thanks for sharing photos from your CP, Mobile.

Best regards,

Rodrigo

It seems to be a good way to propagate it. I just wonder how it will effect it desire to flower in such conditions. Sometimes it is good to combine methods of fast and effective propagation with further growth for flowers in different conditions.

Getting it to flower is only providing it suitable conditions. :) It is not that you have to treat it with some specific substances like ethylene to make it flower, like some of the Australian orchids need. Of course providing the suitable conditions is usually a problem. High humidity with air movement, quite some light and low temperatures (including day-nigh amplitude change). I believe you know more than I do about its cultivation. :) I was told, that it is a slow grower and after changing conditions it might not show any signs of growth for even 2-3 months. For now it is more or less all I know about this species from my own experience. I had it short and I gave it back after two months with no signs of growth, just recently I was told, that I might have given it away too soon, just before it could start growing for me... I hope to try it again soon enough. Good luck with yours!