Pinguicula grandiflora subsp. rosea

Because I'm living in its small distribution range, I thought I had to share some images of this wonderful plant:

Just above water:

One of the 3 new locations discovered this year:

Some locations are on the roadside, really close to the asphalt:

It is sometimes sharing its habitat with P. alpina or P. vulgaris:

Edited by kisscool_38
  • Like 1

Beautiful flowers of Pinguicula European, Aymeric. The end of spring in Europe is being in style, as many have posted photos of CPs in nature blooming.

Thanks for sharing.

Best regards,

Rodrigo

Beautiful. This is one of my favourite temperate pings. I bought one last year from someone on here, can't remember who. I thought it died just after I got it as I put it out in not the best conditions. In the end I shoved it in the sphagnum in my Darlingtonia. I just came back from a couple of months in the UK to discover it came back, although didn't flower. I had to really wrack my brain to remember if I bought a rosea plant or not as I forgot about it. Glad with the outcome though.

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice! From the pictures it seems to grow on limestone. So it likes an alkaline type of soil. So better to grow it on porous limestone then in sphagnum I guess. With some dripping system to mimic that seepage condition it gets in the wild.

Alexander

Very nice! From the pictures it seems to grow on limestone. So it likes an alkaline type of soil. So better to grow it on porous limestone then in sphagnum I guess. With some dripping system to mimic that seepage condition it gets in the wild.

Alexander