In Need of Pinguicula Identification.

Zacherie

Hello Forum,

I have had this Pinguicula for a year now. Specimen has bloomed once and now should soon be undergoing its transformation from dormant, succulent leaf structure to that of the carnivorous structure. I have always regarded it as the vernacular "Mexican Butterwort." However, I want to be certain of its name, both vernacular and latin. As of now I believe that it is a Pinguicula weser and that it is a "Mexican butterwort." Please verify this assumption of mine. Thank you in advance, your input is greatly appreciated!

Pinguicula - New

It is definitely not P. 'Weser' or what we call fake Weser. I can't tell what it is for sure. The best way is to label it "P. Hybrid". Everything else is just guessing in my opinion. Keep it like the other mexican species and enjoy it's flowers :D

Cheers Marcus

The best way is to label it "P. Hybrid". Everything else is just guessing in my opinion.

Probably the best thing to do, until we have cheap hand-held genomic sequencers ~10 years from now, that will sample your plants and give you an ID to species (or hybrid mix) in minutes. :)

Best wishes,

Fernando

• Like 1

Probably the best thing to do, until we have cheap hand-held genomic sequencers ~10 years from now, that will sample your plants and give you an ID to species (or hybrid mix) in minutes. :)

Best wishes,

Fernando

Fer, hopefully soon we can have something like that, imagine being able to do that in field, and put that information in herbaria and in scientific papers =), that would be wonderful.

Abrasos

RR

• Like 1