VFT leaf cutting question

C_Skinner

Hi all. Jus a quickie about VFT cuttings..... I cut a small section of a leaf off my typical VFT a while back, and it has just started sprouting new growth... I am wondering. When should it be taken out of the moss and put in its own pot and soil.... and also, how do you seperate it from the section of leaf.... Im guessing if you leave it attached it will rot and spread to the rest of it? Any info would be great. Thanks a lot

Chris

Chris,

Yes you are right. The plantlet forming will grow and form roots while the original leaf will rot away leaving the new plant on its own.

Its probably a good idea to move the cutting to its own pot though its not strictly neccessary. Probably at this stage the cutting will not have formed any roots so there will be no transplanting problems.

Phil

So the old leaf part rotting wont spread to the rest of the plant? At the moment it is just like a few little green stringy looking bits that are sprouting.... not in the shape of a VFT trap atall yet. So you think i should put it into a pot of its own witha peat/sand mix? Cheers

Chris