So, chelsea is here again, anyone know if any carnivorous nurseries like hampshire carnivorous plants or triffid are exhibiting this year?

• Like 1

Aye, that is a big well done to them! wonder if they'll get a mention on the beeb's coverage? (or have they already? I only caught the tail end of it last night )

Hi All,

Thanks for the comments. Ive had a couple of radio interviews so far, but not seen any of the tv coverage for obvious reasons-its a knackering show to do on your own!

Yesterday was good but bloody cold, God help us at the end of the week when a temperature of 9c is being bandied around. If anyones visiting come and say hello.

It was a great day for Somerset with a number of Golds and Blackmore and Langdon won the presidents award as they've been at the show from the very begining, am wondering if I'll get it in a huned years time?!

Nigel HC

Hampshire carnivorous plants had a mention on bbc 2 this afternoon.

Great looking display as always.

looks like It's iPlayer for me then! I was at work all day unfortunately.

Yes nice to see Matthew on the show. Don't know if Borneo Exotics are there this year. They never show Hewitt-Cooper's stand any year as far as I can recall.

It'd be nice if they did show Nigel's stand, can't imagine they get many carnivorous displays so I'd have thought they'd show as many as they can.

Yes nice to see Matthew on the show. Don't know if Borneo Exotics are there this year. They never show Hewitt-Cooper's stand any year as far as I can recall.

Borneo Exotics are attending the Hampton court show this year.

Is Hampton Court televised?

No I don't think so. If it is, it's certainly not to the same extent as Chelsea is. I will post some pictures of the HCP and HCCP stands over the weekend. Here are a few pictures I took at last year's show which might be of interest: http://flycatchers.w...er-show-part-1/

Edited by Kryptonite

Morning All,

Yes, I'd heard that Rob Cantley was going to be at Hampton this year, and yes it is televised. Busy day yesterday, seemed to be more crowded than Tuesday, but today is the first public day which means a bigger crowd!

12 hour stints talking continually are knackering, so enjoying a coffee before I start.

What is worrying me is the shining yellow disc which seems to have appeared in the sky-anyone know what it could be?

Nigel HC

...should have mentioned, heard a man say yesterday 'Oh look conifers' whilst he pointed to my friends display of Fuchsias next to mine!

• Like 1

Yesterdays quote of the day.

Woman looks at the Nepenthes alatas and says 'I've seen these in Morrocco. Where are they from?' 'South east Asia' I reply. 'Oh, must have been something else'.

With my botanical hat on I try to think of something that could have resembled and came up with 'It could have been an Aristolochia'

'No, it was in Marrakech' came the response.

Don't know about you guys, but I've never heard of a place called Aristolochia!

Wet, and very cold today.

Nigel HC

Yesterdays quote of the day.

Woman looks at the Nepenthes alatas and says 'I've seen these in Morrocco. Where are they from?' 'South east Asia' I reply. 'Oh, must have been something else'.

With my botanical hat on I try to think of something that could have resembled and came up with 'It could have been an Aristolochia'

'No, it was in Marrakech' came the response.

Don't know about you guys, but I've never heard of a place called Aristolochia!

Wet, and very cold today.

Nigel HC

Oh dear, that seems like a bit of a "facepalm" moment... I don't suppose the neps particularly appreciate the cold temperatures do they?

A friend has a display of Aquilegias, one of which is called 'Winky Blue'. A woman in the crowd shouts over to him 'Have you got seeds of your winky?' The rest of the crowd laugh and she turns puce.

The Neps bear up okay, though yesterday was by far the coldest day I can recall at any show, and has certainly been my coldest Chelsea. It was somewhere around seven degrees yesterday, but the sun is shining today and I can look forward to the bedlam of breakdown.

Nigel HC

A friend has a display of Aquilegias, one of which is called 'Winky Blue'. A woman in the crowd shouts over to him 'Have you got seeds of your winky?' The rest of the crowd laugh and she turns puce.

The Neps bear up okay, though yesterday was by far the coldest day I can recall at any show, and has certainly been my coldest Chelsea. It was somewhere around seven degrees yesterday, but the sun is shining today and I can look forward to the bedlam of breakdown.

Nigel HC

:lol: :lol: :lol: I can only imagine how embarrassed that woman must have been!

I suppose a day or two of cold won't hurt them.

...apart from the fact I'm at the Bath & West show this week, and straight off to Cornwall for next!!

Then a couple of weeks before Hampton Court to catch up with the day job.

Nigel

• Like 1