Darlingtonia - garden bog

Palaga

Hallo.

I bought Darlingtonia. My greenhouse is very hot, so he is not good for Darlingtonia. I have a garden bod. He is for temperatures Pinguicula good. is garden bog good for Darlingtonia?

Grow someone Darlingtonia in garden bog? If so, you do not have a problem with moisture?

Thanks! :)

(Sorry for the grammar errors.) :Laie_97:

Hi Plaga

I grow Darlingtonia in a bog in the UK no problem, I cant immagine that you would have any problems even though your country is colder in winter, they are very hardy.

As for the water, I make no special arrangements for them other than the must always be wet obviously, if your bog is large enough there is no need for fancy watering arrangements or cooling, in my experience, just a large water reservoir if possible.

Cheers

Steve

Thank you!

Yes, our country is colder in winter, but in summer is very hot. :) No problem with water. I have problem with air humidity. Darlingtonia need a high air humidity.

Viliam

Not sure how important air humidity is. Here's an interesting video of their habitat.

. Should do fine in a bog, I've grown them outside all year round and the only problem I had was birds digging them up at the start of the year. Personally if I was planting them in a bog I would build in a way for them to drain off excess water quickly as I like to water them from above with a lot of water to stop what they're sitting in stagnating. Any suggestion that this helps the plants is purely anecdotal, but it works for me.

Good luck!

Mark

• 1 month later...
I have problem with air humidity. Darlingtonia need a high air humidity.
Do they? I grow my Darlingtonia in an outdoor bog, so the air humidity varies and is sometimes quite low. It doesn't seem to bother my plants. Actually, my Darlingtonia grows under the exact same conditions as my Sarracenia purpurea ssp. venosa, in a sand/peat mix, and both seem to like it.