Sign in to follow this  
FredG

A couple more Cypripedium in flower

The first is Cypripedium guttatum. I find that this one enjoys quite a lot of moisture, I keep mine quite wet in the growing season and doesn't mind the cold ( Alaska is one of it's homes). A striking little plant.

8744661772_f0745fb8ed_z.jpg

8744662022_f7f1a100d4_z.jpg

Cypripedium fasciolatum, luckily it's back in flower this year. Last year I allowed it to get a little too much sun and it went dormant too quickly. This one is watered just like a 'normal' house plant.

8743543685_53cc9b20e6_b.jpg

8744662308_8750883e3c_b.jpg

great flowers Fred, and superbly photographed.

Beautiful plants, especially the first one.

great flowers Fred, and superbly photographed.

Gaz, Thank you for the compliment. I use one of those super expensive sub £100 cameras :D. I bought it for use while orchid hunting. If I happen to drop it ( been there done that already) it's not a vast sum to replace, oh and, It takes a decent shot :D

You're not kidding Fred, blimey, thought you were going to say it was some all singing all dancing pro job with a lens you'd need a small crane to lift. Do you mind saying which make and model?

It's a little Fujifilm S1370 I use it on macro and super macro settings.I think it was about £95 from Amazon. Another reason I chose it was for the viewfinder. Much easier to keep it stable when it's up against your eye.