Addition of @tags?

19Silverman93

Just a thought, have we considered the possibility of adding an @tag capability to the forum? this would generate a notification for the tagged user allowing us to call other users into conversations on threads without having to use a PM, you could just tag them in your post like for example:

"I wonder what @user would think? they know more than me?"

any thoughts fellas/Ladies?

Edited by 19Silverman93

I've set up and admined some PHP based forums over the years, but i have no experience with the admin side of an IP Board forum. I've never heard of an @tag, is this something that's unique to IP Board ? Does the forum code support it as default and it just needs to be enabled, or is it a plugin script or something ?

If it could be enabled without too much trouble, then i think it's an excellent feature.

I've set up and admined some PHP based forums over the years, but i have no experience with the admin side of an IP Board forum. I've never heard of an @tag, is this something that's unique to IP Board ? Does the forum code support it as default and it just needs to be enabled, or is it a plugin script or something ?

If it could be enabled without too much trouble, then i think it's an excellent feature.

I personally have no idea, it was an optional feature on a board I inhabited that used xenforo software, whether there is an IP boards version of that I'm afraid I don't know. it just seemed like a handy feature to me, being able to tag users much the same way as an @tag works on twitter, which is where I believe the concept originated

Ah, i see. Not being a user of Twitter and Facebook, i wouldn't know such things.

believe me mate, you're not missing out on much.

Great idea, I use it on Twitter all the time to include friends in posts.