Drosera 'Nagamoto'

Rodrigo

Hi friends of CPUK, here i am again with another question, only that this is related to Drosera 'Nagamoto'. The thing is, this hybrid (or super hybrid) of Drosera produces viable seeds?

Best regards,

Rodrigo

The real x "Nagamoto" doesn't, but there seems to be a fertile strain created from the same or a similar F1 hybrid.

Edited by Khelljuhg

The real x 'Nagamoto' doesn't, but there seems to be a fertile strain created from the same or a similar F1 hybrid.

Interesting, to say that this plant is a D. x [(linearis x rotundifolia) x spatulata] is sterile, but if you treat yourself the D. x [(linearis x rotunfifolia) x spatulata / (linearis x rotundifolia) x 'Tokaiensis'] then it is fertile. Either that or I'm wrong?

Best regards,

Rodrigo

Yes, you are right.

By the way, someone found out that the pollen parent of D. x "Nagamoto" is D. spatulata "Shinodayama, Osaka, Japan", instead of D. tokaiensis. The person who created it has died, but there seems to be a record.

Thank you for your help Khelljuhg, based on the information you gave me i can now get seeds of this CP without fearing that they will not germinate. The only thing i find strange is the fact that there are so few photos of D. 'Nagamoto' (plant "fertile") compared with the true D. x nagamoto (sterile plant) :confused: .

Best regards,

Rodrigo