results of winter propagation-pics

dudo klasovity

Dear CP growers!

Past 2 weeks I have been deflasking and started to acclimatize many sundew species from in vitro.

Most of them grew well in various tested nutrient media, some test have been performed with hormones and with colloidal silver. Of course, some were lost in research and there are still many hurdles to master some species;)

Here I would like to share several pictures with you.

drosera aff.petiolaris "pin cushion form" x drosera ordensis in vitro

DSCF0001-10_zpseafce961.jpg

For some species finally I got the right composition for inducing the tuberisation, here the tubers of

drosera rupicola "various flower colours"

DSCF0012-2_zps3826a710.jpg

Deflasking and acclimatisation of d.falconeri, d. hartmeyerorum, d. rupicola, d. zigzagia and d.kaieterurensis

DSCF0010-3_zps719985bf.jpg

Laboratory acclimatisation of d.mannii and various lasiocephala sundews

DSCF0019-2_zpsc3b635b7.jpg

Laboratory acclimatisation of d.pulchella "Salmon flower", d. closterostigma and d.capensis "Baines Kloof" and "All Red"

DSCF0022-6_zps1a309556.jpg

Greenhouse acclimatisation of d.affinis, d.ascendens, d. burmannii, d. sessifolia, d.sp."Pretty Rosette", etc

DSCF0024-3_zps192bc0a8.jpg

Greenhouse acclimatisation of d.admirabilis, d.camporupestris, d.ascendens, d.esterhuyseniae x slackii etc

DSCF0025-3_zps8a620030.jpg

Fully acclimatised d. hilaris

DSCF0026-1_zps7f6903ec.jpg

If the weather continues to be so nice, they will be hardened in 2 weeks time, hopefully.

Hope you liked the pics:)

Edited by dudo klasovity

..and here I add some pictures of today, mostly new cultures:

drosera falconeri, still without root system, but flowering already

DSCF0002-2_zpsf133a500.jpg

drosera montana var. montana "Botumirin'

DSCF0014-2_zpse196d206.jpg

drosera sp. 'Auyan Tepui' on semi-liquid gel (some dews grow much faster this way)

DSCF0004-4_zps7481a9cd.jpg

drosera madagascariensis. Don't know how or why, but I never get this species right nutrition-wise. Always get a pale plants like this. Growing well though. Even with excess of Mg and Fe they look like this. Perhaps sensitive to some element/compound? Not sure.

DSCF0016-2_zps881f49e7.jpg

My favourite and in my opinion very elegant plant, the drosera ascendens from Caminho do Mar

DSCF0011_zpsa4f0df38.jpg

germination of seeds of drosera cistiflora 'Nieuwoudtville'

DSCF00022_zps2ec55de7.jpg

drosera regia

DSCF0012-2_zpsf9cf5bb5.jpg

a newcomer, very nice hybrid drosera ascendens x drosera schwackei

DSCF0006-5_zpsea848e76.jpg

sarracenia leucophylla from Perdido

DSCF0013-1_zpsa95ffd91.jpg

Edited by dudo klasovity

Hi there!

I have been using mostly Gelrite lately for its transparency and easy detection of potential contamination (my working setup isnt ideal;-).

It is a bit more expensive but you only need about a 1/3 of agar amount and also it is easier to set the pH, which is very important (less impurities).

Good luck! :-)

• Like 1

Hi Dusan,

nice job!

Just one correction: the D. rupicola does not have different flower colours (always white), but it is the plants who can/will have different colours (from golden green to dark maroon).

Best regards

Dieter

Hey Dieter, thanx!

And I was wondering why the leaves were gold, reddish, metallic orange or green on various plants! Now your post explains it;)

Thank you for important correction:)

Best regards,

Dusan

• 7 months later...

Hey Dudo

Just a head's-up: the species previously reffered to as "D.ascendens" by all of us is now called D.latifolia, check the link below:

http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51688

Best wishes,

Fernando Rivadavia

Hello Dudo, I'm not sure there is anything "wrong" with the D. madagascariensis color... Some sundews reflect light oddly in my experience. As do many pinguicula species. I believe their flesh is translucent so that light is conducted throughout it as with fiber optics. Probably helps confuse insect prey items.

great cultures Dudo , what media are you using for you D tubers , if u dont want to put it up , welcome to PM me

have you had success with multiplication of many Tubers in the jars, , by its own means, or do you apply multiplication methods

, you have done a great job , my Regia's are all so growing extremely fast

John

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...