a reccomendation?

19Silverman93

Could anyone reccomend me a good heliamphora species or hybrid to keep outside a terranium in my room- humidity fluctuates between 35-50% and my average temperature must be about 24C in the normal scheme of things. is it a bit too warm for a heli in here one or is there anything that might survive i?

Talking of H heterodoxa x minor, over winter I kept one in the greenhouse in a heated propagator (set at 14C) under T5 lights (10cm away) and another inside in a central heated spare room "in front" of T5 lights sometimes close to the light sometimes 30cm away or so, this one with a small plastic dome over the pot (no direct heat, just central heating). Day temps were probably around 20-22, night time 15-16 but the dome is too small to check inside so I don't know what effect that may have had.

Both plants were divisions of the original small plant I bought in 2011 both are in LFS and some perlite. The one over-wintering in the greenhouse has turned very red, grown new pitchers very slowly and developed fair sized "spoons". The one inside the house mostly green, grown new pitchers quite quickly, small "spoons".

I'll try to get a photo when I get back from work to show you what I mean.

so heterodoxa x ionsaii is probably what I'll opt for, from all I've read it seems to come across as a fairly tough little bugger. Will I have to put up a topic in the "wants" forum or are there any suppliers that might have them?

I will have nearly 10 mature plants available on my open day. Any unsold plants will be available after then. (6th July).

excellent, if I still haven't picked one up by then I'll be in touch (provided there are any left of course :D)

do you now markde2e on this forum? He grows a lot of Heliaphora's on his windowsil. just look at here: http://carnivora.nl.web1.web.cyso.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4708 ( it's dutch, but you can see the plant names and the pics are speaking for their selves. he grows's the biggest Heliaphora in 50/50 Perlite/Sphagnum)