Open day, 15th of June

Mike King

Thanks to everyone who came. We estimate there were about 50 on the day. Helen & I hope you enjoyed yourselves! See you in October 12th for the autumn open day.

HI Mike - hope that everyone had a good day today - sorry it was only a flying visit, we were back for 11.30 and open at noon! Top display, as always. Thanks for your hospitality and the new acquisitions.

All the best,

Steve (& Eira)

Hi Mike,

I’d like to say a big thank you for allowing myself and my daughter to visit today and have a look around your spectacular greenhouses, a most inspirational visit. Also thanks to you and others who I purchased a few great looking plants from. I have taken the liberty of posting a few pictures of the day below, hopefully that’s ok and the last picture is of the new plants now living in far more modest accommodation.

IMG_5716_zps827e6c44.jpg

IMG_5722_zps2e4b74b0.jpg

IMG_5753_zps8dc71e05.jpg

IMG_5731_zps6bac03f1.jpg

IMG_5755_zpsaf9367c0.jpg

IMG_5955_zps7d54a3f1.jpg

Si

• Like 1

Great day Mike, collection looked fantastic as usual and nice to see some of the new stuff. Also a great social event, lots of friendly and helpful visitors. Next time get Jo to bring his euphonium to provide a musical interlude, you can accompany him on the spoons if you like.

Above post is "annoying", to say the least, I hope you get it back.

See you in July

Les

Edited by Tricky Utrici

Hi Mike

Thank you to both you and Helen for another great day yesterday. Lovely seeing all who attended as usual.

We agree with Les........ very annoying!

Do you have a picture of it Mike that you can post up so everyone can see what plant it is? Hope it is returned safely soon.

Once again, thank you to both you and Helen for the very enjoyable day.

Dianne

Hi Mike

Thank you to both you and Helen for another great day yesterday. Lovely seeing all who attended as usual.

We agree with Les........ very annoying!

Do you have a picture of it Mike that you can post up so everyone can see what plant it is? Hope it is returned safely soon.

Once again, thank you to both you and Helen for the very enjoyable day.

Dianne

This is a little embarrassing, the plant turned up, all the hybrids are accounted for, but I can't explain the obvious gap in the bench. I double checked it, nothing from the growlist is missing, but what was in that gap, I have no idea...I filled it with one of the hybrids that was in teh Ark of Life greenhouse.

As always, for me the open days are the highlights of the year and this is hobby to be shared rather than exclusivley 'online'.

This is a little embarrassing, the plant turned up, all the hybrids are accounted for, but I can't explain the obvious gap in the bench. I double checked it, nothing from the growlist is missing, but what was in that gap, I have no idea...I filled it with one of the hybrids that was in teh Ark of Life greenhouse.

As always, for me the open days are the highlights of the year and this is hobby to be shared rather than exclusivley 'online'.

So glad the plant has turned up. Maybe the explanation to the gap maybe that people moved some plants around to look at others and in doing so may have created a space.

I agree Mike........... getting out from behind the computer is the best way to view plants and meet other cp growers.

There was a good amount of car sharing too which helped to keep travel costs down.

After many many years, I finally got the opportunity to get to an Open day. Thank you Mike, it was great to meet at last and see so many aspirational plants. Topped off by mentioning how impressed I was by willisii x minor giant, only to have one conjoured out from the back of a sales bench. Wonderful. Thanks again, Dave

James won the raffle. Numbers were 1-5.

I just came on here to say who won the raffle but as usual Dianne got there first.

Thanks to all who participated and you each helped to raise £14 for CPS funds (every little helps)

For those unlucky enough to have not won a mug they are still available in red or white for slightly more than a pound on the Carnivorous Plant Society website or you could have paid £6.50 yesterday and been guaranteed to win.

Good to see you all and it was a good day.