Sign in to follow this  
Richard Bunn

Bring into the house?

As some of you may recall I grow my VFT's outdoors. Last year my VFT's were all a bit behind thanks to the cold spring we had.

This year I was wondering if I could avoid the eminent cold setback by bringing my plants into the house into a sunny living room window at 16C to start the growing season off early? They're currently outside at around 3C.

Edited by Richard Bunn

Sure, you can bring them indoors to give them a jump start on the spring and then move them outdoors once the weather warms up. However, with the move outdoors later in the year, there will need to be a period of hardening or the plants will most likely get sunburned. Hardening off flytraps to full sun can fairly easily be achieved by placing them somewhere that gets indirect sunlight or dappled light most of the day, for at least the first few weeks, instead of full sun.

I would have if I hadn't got carried away and bought too many last season.

Things are beginning to happen out in the greenhouse now but as you say, another late start to the season.......