Record cold in Europe.

Here in Europe we have recordcolds never seen before. Arround Berlin temperatures down to -15 C and at groundlevel -19 C. Here in the Netrherlands some areas with -7 C. In my area a balmy -3 C. Well we had 9 days ago recoldcold weather, and now again.

Seems we are heading to an (mini)iceage here. It has probably to do with the COLD WEATHER HOT ARCTIC SCENARIO. Jetstreams seem to have left us and insted we get subarctic weather! Normally we have mild weather from the Atlantic, now a mega high pressure system sends us Siberian deepfreeze weather!

North America seems to be also much colder!

Well something is going very wrong here it seems!

Well have a look at: www.wetteronline.de for more info.

Alexander

Yes really cold here as well. Snow again for about the 6th time now this winter, very unusual.

I think the global warming predictions are for the Gulf Stream to shut down and we will then have very cold winters here in Western Europe, even colder than now. Or is that theory now outdated?

As far as ice ages go, I think I am correct in saying that we are still in an ice age at present, but currently in an interglacial period.

Most people are aware of the suns 11/22 year cycle. Some recent reseach has shown that the sun has also has a much bigger complicated cycle caused by the gravitational and electrical effects on it by the major plants, using this model to project forward shows us at the begining of a maunder minimum type mini ice age lasting for the next 20 to 30 years, the recent huge increase in Co2 seems to have been mitigating its intital effects but now we are seeing it starting to bite. If you are interested in this stuff I'd recommend the daily videos and news updates on the youtube channel: Suspicious0bservers http://www.youtube.com/user/Suspicious0bservers and electric universe therory research by http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/

• Like 1

Gulf current is working fine. The thing is a high pressure system at very hight latitude forcing low pressure system´s tracks very far to the South. This makes an East and North East winds corridor over North Europe, including UK. East and NE winds are very cold as they come form the contintent, can not be moderated by the sea and the Gulf Current.

If this situation repeats often, and the Sun continues with its reduced activity, more ice will form and remains in the Artic ocean and close to it, resulting in more sunlight reflected by this ice, and more heat losses for North Hemisphere. A situacion like that, repeated very oftenly, can trigger a cold period in Europe. (like Little Ice Age) Ices in North Europe at this time are very harmull.

Edited by The body snatcher pod

Map forecasted for tomorrow (Europe). A huge very cold mass over Europe and UK peaking -10 / -12ºC at about 1400 metres high. It´s an usual situation for March ending. Not only the situation itshelf, but the persistence of this situation, and the repeating of this East current several times at the ending of the winter and even in spring.

icef.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The huge high pressure system in the Artic goes on, forcing the jet to flow over Southerns situations. This allows cold aire from the Artic to flow towards Europe without touching the sea, preventing it from warming up.

Lukily for me, this time the low pressure system over Cantabric sea is pumping warm air from southenr places over Iberian Peninsula and South Europe, and preventing the cold air mass to get here... But the situacion is quite unusual... it´s lasting a lot, and on the other side, we are in spring!

Last winters (except for the last 2011/2012) have been very cold over North Europe. Is it the beggining of another Little Ice Age like the one that happened at the end of Mid Age, after a very warm period? Who knows. nobody can say it. The truth is the Sun is slowing down its activity.... like in the last Dalton Minimun? Again, who knows, but the current solar maximun is showing the same activity as a minimun!

It´s difficult to know how climate will behaves, but a new cold period would be something very harmfull for the nowdays Europe and North America.

Luckily, it seems that at the end of the week, atlantic low pressures will be closer to Europe and will be more easy to pump warm air over West and Northwest Europe.

Edited by The body snatcher pod

It seems North America, well at least the eastern parts gets also hit by much colder weather then wich is normal for there thise time of the year! I will go for 6 weeks the the South Eastern parts of the US for seeing Sarracenias in the wild. In spring they should be at their best with flowers and nice new pitchers. Well I hope to see goor fields full with those beauties so I can make lots of pictures. But if its much colder there also?

Alexander

I think is the East of Canada and the East of USA where tems are extremly low. Mexic Gulf temps are quite normal now. I think you will enjoy Sarrs flowers!

I am really surprised about the long lasting E and NE artic pattern over North of Europe. Above all, because of the time of the year when is happening. (Also in North America)

Some links

"The blow to agriculture and the economy has been worsened by the scale of power failures in which more than 3,000 people were cut off for a fifth day in parts of Argyll and the island of Arran. For the first time in Scottish and Southern Energy's history, two large metal pylons were toppled by snow and ice. The last time a pylon fell was in 1987, in the far north of Scotland."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/mar/26/cold-spring-kills-newborn-lambs

Cold weather to continue for a month, say forecasters

UK braces for freezing Easter weekend, with temperatures expected to stay below average until end of April

"The big chill gripping the UK will guarantee an uncharacteristically freezing Easter weekend and could last until the end of April, weather forecasters have warned.Temperatures are unlikely to recover to normal averages for the time of year until late next month, the Met Office said in its regular 30-day forecast."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/mar/27/cold-weather-continue-month-forecasters

Severe cold in Europe

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/worldnews/9057011/Severe-cold-snap-keeps-Europe-in-its-icy-grip-bringing-record-low-temperatures.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/worldnews/9051921/Siberian-cold-front-sweeps-across-Europe-bringing-record-low-temperatures.html

Arable farming in the uk is having a terrible year. Autumn crops couldnt be sown or have largely died in the cold wet fields. And spring sowings arent doing good either, at least in this part of the uk, disaster all round.

• 2 months later...