Hi!

I'm planing a trip to Amsterdam this April/May. Since there is almost no CP sale in Serbia, I am hoping to buy some plants during my trip.

Can anyone tell me where can I find them? Internet hasn't helped me much.

Thanx in advance!

Katarina

Actually, in the Flower Market of Amsterdam you cand find many CPs! I think it´s set up on Easter. Al least, I saw it in Easter when I traveled to Amsterdam four years ago.

Look for the Flower Market, it´s in the old part of the city (Google may be usefull here) and you will find several stands. Some of them have CPs... Nepenthes, VFT, Sarracenias.... I enjoyed it a lot when I was there, te were really lots of CPs, and other interesting plants.

Edited by The body snatcher pod

The Flowermarket is set up along the river Amstel near the "Munt" which is the Mint tower at the end of Amstedams main shopping street.

It is open all year daily except on sunday.

On the 10th and 11th of May (Friday and Saturday) there will be a flowermarket in the botanical garden of Leiden. It's a little more than half an hour by train from Amsterdam central station and Carnivora will be there selling all kinds of CP's, ncluding specials from members (right know I'm hopefull to have several species of Utricularia and Byblis on the stand as well as lot's of high end Sarracenia. Usually Gert Hoogenstrijd is also there with a sales stand so best change to get something special in that month. And of course you don't want to miss the CP collection of the botanical garden itself. If all goes well the brand new greenhouse will be ready. I visited the buildingsite a couple of weeks ago and it will knock of your socks!

Also: If all goes as planned Carnivora, the Dutch CPS has a trip to the Carniflora nursery in Aalsmeer on Sa the 25th of May where plants will be on sale. Guests are welcome, but we still have to verify this as we unfortunately lost our events coordinator after an argument within the board. If all goes well I'll make an official announcement on this forum.

The Flowermarket is set up along the river Amstel near the "Munt" which is the Mint tower at the end of Amstedams main shopping street.

It is open all year daily except on sunday.

On the 10th and 11th of May (Friday and Saturday) there will be a flowermarket in the botanical garden of Leiden. It's a little more than half an hour by train from Amsterdam central station and Carnivora will be there selling all kinds of CP's, ncluding specials from members (right know I'm hopefull to have several species of Utricularia and Byblis on the stand as well as lot's of high end Sarracenia. Usually Gert Hoogenstrijd is also there with a sales stand so best change to get something special in that month. And of course you don't want to miss the CP collection of the botanical garden itself. If all goes well the brand new greenhouse will be ready. I visited the buildingsite a couple of weeks ago and it will knock of your socks!

Also: If all goes as planned Carnivora, the Dutch CPS has a trip to the Carniflora nursery in Aalsmeer on Sa the 25th of May where plants will be on sale. Guests are welcome, but we still have to verify this as we unfortunately lost our events coordinator after an argument within the board. If all goes well I'll make an official announcement on this forum.

Yeah, I'm also going to the flower market. First meeting with real carnivora members. It sounds fun to see people from CPUK there.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you all very much for your replies!

Unfortunately, my stay in Amsterdam will be only for three days (29th, 30th April and 1st May) so I will miss all CP events. The trip is planned, so there is no possibility of postponing it. That makes me very sad, but hopefully I will be able to at least visit Leiden Botanical garden.

Of course, I will also go to Amsterdam flower market and contact Gert form Extreme Plants. Does anyone happen to know his email address or contacting via form on his web site sufficient? I can see that the site wasn't updated since last year.

Thank you all again!

Here is Gert's new site: http://www.araflora.com/

Stay out of Amsterdam on the 30th, we are gowing to crown King Billy IV (actually he wants to be know as Alexander) so you'll probably have to crowdsurf if you try especially since the church and palace are relatively close to the flowermarket. As it was also thebirthday of the queen-mother and our queen kept the celebrations on this day it is regarded as a Sunday. Maybe a good day for the botanical garden.