Coquillage x Trichterfalle

FlytrapCare

These photos are an update to this thread:

http://www.flytrapca...-tc-t15487.html

In the fall of 2011, I received some flytrap seeds from a friend in Germany. There were quite a few interesting crosses in the bunch and Coquillage x Trichterfalle was one of them. I sterilized and sowed them in vitro. There were quite a few seeds from the cross that successfully germinated. Of them, there were 4 that had traits similar to the mother plant (Coquillage). In my experience with germinating thousands of seeds, the seedlings usually have more genetic similarities to the mother plant than to the father plant. This is the case here as well. They're not genetically identical to Coquillage and, while they look similar, there are some distinguishing characteristics between the Coquillage x Trichterfalle seedlings and Coquillage. Namely, the seedlings seem more able to get good coloration in the traps than does Coquillage.

Here are some photos I snapped a while back just before transplanting these babies:

2d24ccb3a7699cb65f2cdc6f.jpg

5fe4a6dc6bbdcb22611bd4de.jpg

7dd38e847a0f33f7e7579b18.jpg

Edited by mmlr38