Sign our petition

I currently volunteer for a charity called Barnardos, they are UK charity that work hard to protect vulnerable children across the UK from poverty, sexual exploitation, and domestic violence.

At the present time, Barnardos are running a campaign to try and get the government to strengthen the law so that people who sexually exploit, groom, and take advantage of young girls and teenage girls, are punished more severely, so that the girls who have been abused can see better justice.

Please sign the petition:

www.barnardos.org.uk/theyarechildren-petition

All the signatures are going to be sent off this Sunday (10/03/2013) please sign by then.

Hopefully, if this law is strengthened, it should send a powerful message that treating, and exploiting young and teenage girls in this manner, is NOT acceptable and will NOT be tolerated.

Edited by Sarracenia1983
  • Like 1

Why not? I am a member of this Carnivorous plant forum, furthermore, this forum is an open forum where you can talk about anything (General chit chat area). What I have written is not harmful or offensive. For this reason, I don't see any reason why this sort of post cannot be posted here.

Besides I'm trying to gain support for a campaign that is being run by Barnardos, and signatures for a petition to try to get the government to strengthen the law so that girls who are abused can see better justice.

I believe that by trying to gain support for this campaign, I am doing a very good and positive thing.

• 2 weeks later...

The petition has been sent off, hopefully this will help to convince the British Government to strengthen the law, so that young girls who are sexually abused, and sexually exploited see better justice.

I would like to thank everyone who signed the petition.

I would also like to say thank you to everyone who pledged their support for this campaign.

Why just girls? is abuse of young boys not important enough? Surely any laws should protect all children not just 50% of them

Edited by mantrid

I agree, young boys who are abused, should be protected in the same way and should see the same sort of good justice, as young girls who are abused should start to see, if the British government strengthen this law.

The government are reviewing this law at the moment, one thing you could do, is write a letter to the Prime minister, and your local mp. Suggesting that this law is further modified and strengthened, so that young boys who are abused and sexually exploited, see much better justice as well.

I hope this helps.

What I was basically getting at is why is Barnados only campaining for girls? It gives the impression of being very biased and even discriminatory at least to me anyway.

Edited by mantrid

Barnardos is a charity that works to protect both boys and girls throughout the United Kingdom. This particular campaign was aimed specifically at ensuring that young girls who are abused and sexually exploited, see better justice. Barnardos do numerous campaigns. A future campaign, could be aimed specifically at boys, or at both boys and girls. This isn't the only campaign they have ever done.

Edited by Sarracenia1983