R. dentata 'Cederberg'

DSCN2230rid.jpg

R. dentata 'Cederberg'

dentatarid.jpg

R. gorgonias

gorgonrid.jpg

D. coccipetala 10 days ago

DSCN2192rid.jpg

...today. The flower is open just a couple of hours...and I was at work ARGHHHHH

DSCN2223rid.jpg

P.ionantha

ridDSCN2206.jpg

P. planifolia... not too red, I hope in this period, with the sun of the Spring, it will become more reddish

ridDSCN2207.jpg

MAurizio

Edited by maurizio

That's what I call a beautiful cultivation Maurizio :woot: , with plants well maintained and everything organized :tu: . Congratulations, for his dedication to the hobby is something that is an inspiration to all members of CPUK :Laie_95: .

Note: I have a friend in Brazil who succeeded in germinating R. gorgonias, but never managed to germinate R. dentata :confused: . What technique did you use to force the "birth" of the seeds of the latter :pleasantry: ?

Best regards,

Rodrigo

Edited by Rodrigo

Guest Andreas Eils

Yeah, Maurizio,

is there anything you cannot grow perfectly? :wink:

WHAT? What is that? :shock: Look at that Roridula dentata bush! What a monster!!! C´mon, have you robbed it from Bonn Botanical Gardens? :wink: *just kidding, of course!*

Indeed, I have to agree to Stephen! In a pinch I´d have pretended to be severly ill to see the flower of D. coccipetala... ^^

Your collection: :Laie_71mini:

Bye,

Andreas

Thanks all guys!

RODRIGO: I treat R. dentata seeds with smoke. R. gorgonias is very easy to germinate, if I treat seeds with smoke, in just 2-3 weeks almost all seeds will germinate; R. dentata is harder for me, it needs longer time and I usually have a lower rate of germination.

GARDENOFEDEN, ZLATOKRT, DANEIL AND ANDREAS ELIS:

:O)) It’s really a pity for D. coccipetala. One day, at 9 a.m. the flower was was near to open. .. at 2 p.m. when I was back from work it was already closed. The day after I have pulled away the petals to try to pollinate it.

M@TI:

I grow D. hilaris in deep pots, 1:1 peat: siliceous sand, almost dry in shaded position during resting period (approx from May-June to October), then water in the tray. During the vegetative period I keep it outside, in semi-shaded position with min. temp around 0°C.

Maurizio

Very nice plants, Maurizio!

Has the d. hilaris ever flowered for you? I have been growing some amount of specimen for 2 seasons now (adult plants) and they grow very well but never produced a flower stalk. I wonder what the trick is about making them flower.

Thanx for sharing the pics! ;)

• Like 1