Gabgabinou's WoodGreenhouse V2 :)

Oyé Oyé !

No way to buying a greenhouse polycarbonate type ax euro and quality almost ridiculous (bad previous experience).

I've decided to think, ask questions, get information and make my own greenhouse.

In this way we make a huge win money, you spend a lot of time designing this one, but we can, I think, at least have a very good sense of be-well, of course, if the work expected is the same as the work done;)

I started by looking for tempered glass greenhouses or large thickness polycabonte on the net, but the result of accounts, we are lifted up bheaucoup too high lol. ( 3000-4000 € [/ size])

In short, not altogether possible.

So I do a lot of research on greenhouse wood construction on the net, managed to see a professional installation of a greenhouse like this, with a quotation for any necessary materials.

As a result, I'm doing of 1200 € [/ b] for a greenhouse with an area of ​​12m square. (3m/4m/2.40 height)

-Foundations-cement.

-Different sizes of wood (auctoclavé) depending on the size of the greenhouse.

-Packs of silicone (it will take a lot of lol ...)

-Screws, brackets, and all the small stuff.

-Plates 16mm polycarbonate thickness.

I have not yet started work but work on plans is enormous (I put more than 7 hours) but it moves fast.

I show you the plans I already have almost finished.

dscn1400qw.jpg

This is a view to show the very hard work. No details, just the skeleton of the greenhouse.

dscn1402gy.jpg

dscn1401k.jpg

dscn1403c.jpg

dscn1404gu.jpg

dscn1405n.jpg

dscn1406v.jpg

One thing is certain, it is very strange to find classes 3rd to seek formulas Pythagoras, cosine, tangent, it's very funny!

This is the beginning of the adventure I hope that if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask them, and I'll be happy to answer them! :)

Let me comments, it will make me grow :).

Cheers ( :)

Hi Gabgabinou, it looks like a nice plan and it will be interesting to see how it develops. I had a wooden greenhouse (8 foot x 12 foot) installed last summer so I'd like to share some of my own experience.

Ours is set on a paved area, similar to your cement base. We'd originally thought about sitting it directly on the paving on a layer of foam (included in purchase), I don't know what the climate is like in Montivilliers but here in can be WET! So the next idea was to sit it on railway sleepers so it wasn't going to stand in water, finally we decided to sit it on a 2 layer brick plinth to raise it above the water. For our climate this seems a good option, if your climate is dry enough you could probably just put it directly on the cement base. Depending on your climate you may need to consider treating your wood with some preservative.

A couple of other things to think about is if possible add some automatic opening roof vents and have some opening side louvres for ventilation. We went for 3 roof vents and 2 side louvres. Finally think about security, you're going to have lighting, fans maybe heating and other expensive equipment plus your very precious plants, so at least fit a door lock.

Good luck and let us know how the project progresses.

Hi, this is Ben from Norwich, England, just like to say weldone, looks really good, we all think about building them sometime or other and actually getting around to it is another thing. Wish you the best and let us know how it goes and where you had your ups and downs..all the best.