Hello from germany

Karl H.

Hello,

my name is Karl, im 16 years old now and since 2009 i cultivate carnivorous plants. The Informations wich i found here in the CPUK Forum were very helpful as i tried to grow my very first plants. I´m very thankful for that. So here is a big THANK YOU for you all :give_heart: .

Over time now i made some experiences on my own, and especially with LED´s i have now some knowledge to share wich i hope is useful for some of you.

Sorry for my bad language skills, but i hope you can understand the meaning of my posts.

Greetings from germany

Karl H.

Hallo Karl,

herzlich willkommen hier im Forum! Mach´s Dir bequem, hier wirst Du sicher viel Info bekommen und viel Inspiration und viele Antworten, ich bin wirklich gerne hier!

Was hast Du denn so alles für Sorten?

Viele Grüße,

Mike

Guest Andreas Eils

Welcome at CPUK, Karl!

Your English is very good! :Laie_98: Your LED lit plants look fantastic, never seen such red Scorpioides, not even in full sun! *glupsch!* So, LED is the real thing for illuminating carnivores, eh?

Enjoy your time here!

Andreas

Edited by Andreas Eils

Hello

thank you all for your replies.

Well i don´t grow a specific genera of plants at the moment. But i build a new highland terrarium at the moment, because Heliamphora and Nepenthes are my favorite Plants. Unfortunately the last highland terrarium wich i had completely froze up, because the thermal controller on my stirling cycle cooling device was broken. And -40°C is quite a low temperature, even for highland plants :cray:

Yes the future of CP illumination definitely belongs to LED´s. And that they emit a ugly light, if you try to aim the absorption maxima of the biomechanical processes is simply a misconception. There are 89 different PA wavelengths known to science, and if you (could) combine all these you actually get a pretty nice light. Even if you are unable to combine all 89 wavelengths, ( actually it isn't possible to combine all 89 wavelengths because you wont ever get all these specific wavelengths out of LEDs) the light you get doesn´t looks ugly.

All i want to say is that LED light actually looks quite nice if you do it right. :)

I really looking forward to my time on the CPUKf

Greetings

Karl H.