Fungicide Question.

Has anyone used Bayer Systhane fungicide on carnivorous plants?

It's active ingredient is Myclobutanil @1.53g/l.

I haven't had a mould problem yet, but thought I'd get a fungicide just in case and I am unsure about which type to buy, the only thing I'm sure of is not to use copper based products, so any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ian.

This ingredient works on powdery mildew and have used it on Cephalotus. Fungicides are pretty specific and you need to choose the right chemical for that fungus. There are no good general fungicides available, routine spraying as a precautionary measure is not a good idea anyway. The best solution is good growing conditions with good hygiene, lots of natural light and good ventilation. If a plant gets a bad dose of something like Botrytis then nothing much will save it anyway. My cure all for most plants that get infected is to put them outside for several months in wind rain and sunshine.

Thanks for the info guys.

As I said, haven't had any problems yet, I was just thinking of getting something to keep on the shelf, just in case. Looks like I'd need to get several different types though.

Tommyr, I notice you're a fellow radio ham, may hear me on 20m psk some day, G0OSY.

• 1 month later...