Sign in to follow this  
maurizio

Pinguicula filifolia

Here some pics of my Pinguicula filifolia, germinated in early August. I hope to post the opened flower soon.

End of August

1%2520-%2520%2520agosto%25202012.jpg

October 10

2-%2520%252010%2520ott.jpg

October 25

3%2520-%252025%2520ott.jpg

November 13 (In october I began to give some milk once a week, it seems it likes it)

4-%252013%2520nov.jpg

December 29

5%2520-%252029%2520dic%25202012.jpg

January 7

6%2520-%2520%25207%2520gennaio%25202013.jpg

7%2520-%25207%2520gennaio%25202013%25283%2529.jpg

Maurizio

Edited by maurizio

Hi Maurizio,

very nice! I haven't seen a seedgrown plant flowering up to now I think. Congratulations.

I think the climate in Italy is way better for this species then the rainy and cloudy one in germany :)

Thanks for sharing!

Marcus

I think the climate in Italy is way better for this species then the rainy and cloudy one in germany :)

Hi Marcus,

maybe you're right. However from October I put the plant inside terrarium.

Mau

I only have one thing to say about these pictures: Amazing :woot: .

Note: Under what conditions you cultivate this plant, ie, substrate type, temperature and humidity?

Best Regards,

Rodrigo

Hi Maurizio,

Really great plants. If you ever want to swap any for some rare Byblis, please get in touch!

Cheers,

Greg

Edited by Greg Allan

Note: Under what conditions you cultivate this plant, ie, substrate type, temperature and humidity?

Substrate:peat and silica sand. From october it is in a closed terrarium, temperature 18 °C during the night and 24 °C day. That's all.

Maurizio

So cold and still growing so well? :blink: Might be it because yours are seedgrown and TC propagated could be more senzitive... who knows.

Anyway, congrats from an envious grower :biggrin:

Adam

It looks like it will have a really nice coloration!

One question about milk you used to feed it, did you diluted it? I use to fed my seedlings with flakes for fish. But it is too much nutritive and leaves tend to rot. It seems that you don't have this problem with milk, I should use this method.

One question about milk you used to feed it, did you diluted it? I use to fed my seedlings with flakes for fish. But it is too much nutritive and leaves tend to rot. It seems that you don't have this problem with milk, I should use this method.

Hello Aymeric,

I use semi-skimmed milk, not diluted. With other CP species (D. graminifolia) the not diluted milk make the leaf quickly rot, but P. filifolia seems to like it very much, in just 1 day milk is completely absorbed.

Mau

This plant looks like Drosera filiformis! I like this Pingicula, but think I don´t have the proper conditions to grow it welll (except if I grow it indoors)

Edited by The body snatcher pod

Today pics.. near flowering, the biggest plant has already 3 flower buds

Flower January, 25

25+genn+1.jpg

Plant fed with milk - January, 25

25+genn+2.jpg

Mau

Edited by maurizio

Nice! Is it an artefact from your camera or the flower has lost much of its color?

PS: I have began to fed my Pinguicula and Drosera with milk too. All plants very tolerated it. It is quickly absorbed by all Pinguicula species. Drosera are much slower to absorb it but all tentacles bent into the droplets.

Edited by kisscool_38

Beautiful Pinguicula but hard to be grown and harder still to find her seeds for sale. In any case i give you my congratulations on time devoted to the cultivation of this plant.

Best regards,

Rodrigo

Nice! Is it an artefact from your camera or the flower has lost much of its color?

Aymeric

PS: I have began to fed my Pinguicula and Drosera with milk too. All plants very tolerated it. It is quickly absorbed by all Pinguicula species. Drosera are much slower to absorb it but all tentacles bent into the droplets.

Maybe it has lost some colour, maybe because of my not too good lights. About milk... I will try with other species in spring, too.

Mau

Here is the flower... the second one, the first bloomed 15 days ago. Unfortunately I can not see pollen :sad:

It is producing a lot of flowers.

13%2520febbraio%25202013%2520%25283%2529.JPG

13%2520febbraio%25202013%2520%25288%2529.JPG

Roots over the soil

1%2520febbraio%2520-%25203.jpg

Maurizio

You can never see pollen in a Ping, pollen is hidden by the stigma. You need to insert a toothpick or similar into the flower then pull it out again, pollen should be visible when you pull it out.