Heliamphora disappointment

Sockhom

My Heliamphora collection which was once, I dare to say, a decent one, has been declining these last 18 months. Hear the story and keep in mind that this genus requires light, light and light!

http://carnivorousoc...from-grace.html

The plants used to be like this:

p1210280.jpg

This is how the plants look like now, dull yellowish green:

p1370037.jpg

All the best,

François.

Edited by Sockhom
  • Like 2

To be honest, I always thought moving your collection to the conservatory was a risky strategy, with them going from a relatively constant and controlled environment to one far more variable. I wish you luck with your Heliamphora collection recovery and hopefully you will get back the lovely plants you once had.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Here is a quick update.

After 50 days of daily artificial lights bathing, 13 hours a day, the plants are already looking better:

p1380108.JPG

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

p1380136.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

More here:

http://carnivorousockhom.blogspot.fr/#!/2013/02/an-update-of-my-declining-heliamphora.html

Hopefully, the plants will revert back to their former glory in the foreseeable future.

All the best,

François.

• Like 2

Nice to see they're recovering. I'm thinking about getting some artificial lights, my Heli will go there but it's primarily for my South African Droseras & binatas for the winter. I just don't have a clue about anything to do with artificial lighting.

• 1 month later...

Summer is coming soon, so it will be only better. Have your plants direct sun light too or only scattered light?