Where to obtain carnivorous plants in Queensland?

Guest Andreas Eils

Guest Andreas Eils

Hello,

this is a question to our Australian members. :smile:

I was asked by a friend if she can send gemmae of Australian pygmy Drosera to Australia. :blink: I have told her that Australia has restrictive import regulations. It also seems somehow strange to export plants to a country where these are actually native.

She has a good friend in Queensland who has just begun to find carnivores interesting. :biggrin: So, if you perhaps know a good source in Queensland, please let me know and I will forward the information.

And ALSO: If you find sending gemmae from Germany to Australia is not such a bad idea please tell me how to do this best.

But I would expect a phytosanitary certificate is a MUST and that would be much more expensive than a batch of gemmae themselves. :wink:

Thank you also in the name of my friend!

Andreas

Hey Andreas,

well, I have received and receive different types of CP' from Australia without any problems and without a phytosanitary certificate but your country required. Even if I want to send plants to you I can't do that. Although our countries are in the EU, I can not do that to Germany unfortunately. To all other EU countries I can send any plants, gemmae, seeds etc, but when I want to send to Germany, they insist the plants or seeds to be accompanied by a phytosanitary certificate, your Gov. restrictions. So is better first to think about that as u pointed above. :Laie_97:

Dimitar

Where in Queensland does the friend live and what kind of carnivorous plants are they after? The best two I know of is of course Exotica Plants (mainly Nepenthes) and Gotcha carnivorous plants (has a bit of everything). I think they would have to make an appointment to visit either of these as they are mainly wholesale. If they live anywhere near Brisbane they are welcome to visit my collection.

Regards Neil

Guest Andreas Eils

Hi everybody,

thank you very much for your help! Neil, you have been particularly helpful I guess. =D Erm...the man lives in Rosewood...hey, that´s very close to you, Neil (of what I can see on Google Maps)! 8-D

Of course I know nurseries like Triffid Park and Exotica Plants, just not where exactly they are located. :oops: I will tell Ingrid the very good news and I am sure she will be delighted! So, perhaps you will have a visitor from Rosewood soon, Neil. :wink:

I´m not sure if Ingrid´s friend is searching for particular CPs. I thought I have understood a little like he would be charmed at pygmy sundews.

Dimitar, importing plants from Australia to Germany is absolutely no problem - if you have the phytosanitary thingy. :wink: Another issue are CITES listed species like Nepenthes. So, provided you want to obtain a Nepenthes from an Australian nursery you additionally need the CITES certificate.

A lot more worrying is that our customs request a phytosanitary certificate for plants sent from Bulgaria! Bulgaria is a member of the EU! How can it be some countries are treated unequally?!! :blink: Das ist doch echt eine Sauerei! Това е една каша!!

If I ask you for a nice, little Huernia layer or a part of an orchid I would have to pay 35 EUR for this phyto-thingy to be able to get these plants from you? Unbelievable! :eek:

Kind regards

Andreas

:blink: Das ist doch echt eine Sauerei! Това е една каша!!

If I ask you for a nice, little Huernia layer or a part of an orchid I would have to pay 35 EUR for this phyto-thingy to be able to get these plants from you? Unbelievable! :eek:

Yep, I agree with u and this is real mess. Even worse, Andreas now there is a new regulation to Germany - NO living plants, parts from plants, seeds, parts from roots and so on. However, but it's more interesting that if u want to send me u can , so u can go crazy :wacko1: