Propagating Darlingtonia from stolon segments

linuxman

Sorry, never tried that method.If you've got a stolon like that running round your pot (or tray,best option) i'd leave it alone and let it grow all by itself.unless your in a real rush to propagate your particular plant for some reason.

ada

Sorry, never tried that method.If you've got a stolon like that running round your pot (or tray,best option) i'd leave it alone and let it grow all by itself.unless your in a real rush to propagate your particular plant for some reason.

ada

Hi Ada,

I've got 3 or 4 stolons in the pot (cat litter tray actually) each with a plantlet on the end (see previous thread). Unfortunately all the pitchers on the main plant withered for some reason but the stolons seem OK. I was going to detach the plantlets on the stolon ends anyway so thought this would be a good opportunity to try this technique. Providing the plantlets have roots I think I'll try this in the spring.

Cheers,

Martin, which clone is it that collapsed?

Ada, it was from MK labelled LG (Lois Glas I think). The reason for its collapse was either too much or little water. Or possibly too warm water as it is recirculated by a solar powered pump. Thinking of using a reservoir under the bench next year which may remain a bit cooler.

I have other DC doing OK so reckon I was just unlucky with this plant.

Cheers,