To those who grow Drosera indoors with artificial light

Aza

Thanks Dave

I've moved them further away from the lights, so hopefully that will make a difference.

I have the lights on for 16 hours a day, should I be reducing the photoperiod as per nature, rather than leaving them on for that long all through the year?

Yes, also you only need to run them 14 hours per day at most. Perhaps that change of 2 hours will make all the difference. You can shorten winter to six weeks, but most CP will grow better if they get some seasonal daylength variation.

It is a good idea to run 24 hour for making cuttings from Drosera or rooting Neps, but it doesn't have to be super-strong light.

Edited by Dave Evans

Thanks for the info :)

Do you follow a plan with your photoperiod adjustments?

For example in October reducing one hour, then 2 weeks later another hour?

As I may have missed the initial adjustments, what do you recommend would be the best way for me to proceed?

Thanks again

Just start the process of adjusting the daylength now. The daylength doesn't have to follow the seasons outside exactly, but it doesn't hurt either :) At the "depths of winter", the days are only 8 hours long, you don't have to drop the day length that low for your indoor plants, 11 hour days are fine.