G. roraimensis or pygmaea?

Zlatokrt

Hello,

i have recieved this plant as G. roraimensis last year. The first flower opened and i am now in doubts of its ID.

The scape is hairy, which is good, it is not G. repens. But the flower spur looks too pointy to my eyes, G. roraimensis should have more obtuse spur, am i right?

Anyway, please check the photos. Opinions welcomed.

Thanks

Adam

gallery_4591_390_262459.jpg

gallery_4591_390_305301.jpg

Thanks Fernando! How soon is soon? :biggrin: I would like to publish an article about genome size of Lentibulariaceae and just coincidentally this plant possess the smallest genome we found, so it would be nice to have a name for it...

Adam

Edited by Zlatokrt

Ah, very interesting news, so you are working on this as well, huh? Seems there's a bunch of groups doing so, I can't wait to see all the results! Do you have Andreas' email address? If not, I can give it to you so you can ask him. I'll see if he's available to reply here...

Fernando

Thanks for your answers. I have heard of some other groups making similar research. I only hope, that the results will be compatible :-)

About the email to Andreas - yes, i know his email address, thanks for asking.

Regards

Adam

BTW: a completely off topic question, but you might know it: how often is malaria in Brazil? While visiting CP habitats to be precise...

• 3 months later...

Ok. I have got the monograph in my hands from today (for two hours now to be exact). Now it seems i am a proud owner of Genlisea nigrocaulis, a species very widespread in cultivation. But it also seems, that what i considered as G. pygmaea is G. nigrocaulis too. On the other hand, i have grown G. filiformis in the past, have been told it is not G. filiformis, but rather some sort of weird G. pygmaea or G. aurea and according the book it is all wrong, i have grown the real thing. Pity i havent stored any seeds from it. At least G. repens is still G. repens. Andreas, i hoped your work will make some sense into this mess and i will have an easier work with the genomes! :shock:

Just kidding :D The book is great, but i need to digest all the news and to familiarize with the bunch of the new information. I am starting to write a nice want list of the new species :sun_bespectacled:

EDIT: after more detailed reading i think i have really grown G. pygmaea, not G. filiformis.

EDIT2: I have stored some seeds of G. pygmaea! They were just hiding very well...

Edited by Zlatokrt