Utricularia flowers

Carlos,

Wonderful pics! Thanks for sharing them.

The U. nelumbifolia x nephrophylla hybrid - the nelumbifolia is the seed parent (& nephro is pollen parent)? I've seen some of this cross in the photofinder but each time I try it, I don't get any seeds.

Jim: Thanks!

Ron: The 'mother' is a U. nephrophylla and the 'father' (polen) is a U. nelumbifolia, this hibryd don't produce viable seeds.

Ah, these two parents came from Nova Friburgo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Regards.

Ron: The 'mother' is a U. nephrophylla and the 'father' (polen) is a U. nelumbifolia, this hibryd don't produce viable seeds.

Ah, these two parents came from Nova Friburgo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Thanks for this information. I find it very interesting how tall your flower stalks are for this hybrid. While cleaning out one of my tanks with a U. nephrophylla x nelumbifolia hybrid (typically place the 'mother' 1st to avoid confusion), I measured the stalk on one of my plants - it was 43" (109.2cm) long! This stalk formed & flowered while growing from a 2.5" (6cm) pot.
  • Like 1

...I measured the stalk on one of my plants - it was 43" (109.2cm) long!

Interesting, my flower stalks had a maximum length of 35 cm. Your leaves are bigger too.

But your "U. uliginosa" looks like U. lateriflora.

I need to see my labels again, thanks.

Thanks Daniel.