EEE 2013 - Nancy - France

That's official!

The next European Carnivorous Plants Exhibit and Exchanges will take place at the Botanical Garden of Nancy (North East France) from 5th to 8th july 2013.

It will be the first EEE in France! I hope we can do as well as precedent editions.

Botanical Garden and Dionée (French Association of Carnivorous Plants Enthusiats) work to finish the programm of events.

Informations about it will coming soon!

If you need any informations, please contact me at

[email protected] or

[email protected]

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Dear all,

The website of Botanical Garden of Nancy had publish today a bilingual page for the next EEE:

www.cjbn.uhp-nancy.fr/Francais/flore.php4

Dionée's informaticians works for an other site, which can propose registrations.

The work for the programm progress weel, we hope that we may publy it in a few time !

Aurélien

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I might be interested in attending this event, and I am looking for some more information, can you tell me what time the show runs to and from, can you tell me whether you have buy tickets in advance, or whether you can buy on the door the same day? How much does it cost to enter the show? Also, if I purchase a carnivorous plant from the show, will I be allowed to bring it back to the UK with me?

Hi

the EEE dates are 5 to 8 July with field trips on the 9th. The only other information that is available at the moment can be gained from the websites shown in the first post.

You can bring plants back from any EU country without restriction.

cheers

Dennis

Will anyone be organising a group trip to the event? Where we can all meet up in a certain part of the UK, get a mini bus to the ferry, attend the carnivorous plant show, maybe stay the night in France, do some exploring, and come home the same day or the next day?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

If you can get yourself down to St Pancras railway station in London, the Eurostar goes directly to Nancy. You could either get to London by train or National Express coach from Nottingham. The Eurostar costs £99 return.

I am probably going with Sue, my wife.

Regards

David

Will it be a trip where we are going to the carnivorous plant show, and returning to the UK the same day, or will we be staying overnight?

I am going from the 4th to the 9th July, so that covers all the dates of the EEE. Just do what you like really, 1 day or 5 days.

I have been on the computer today and done a bit of homework on Nancy, which I hope may be of some help to other people.

The main railway station is called the Gare de Nancy and is in central Nancy not far from a place called Place Stanilas (5 mins walk).

The botanic gardens are southwest of the centre by two or three miles. I used Bing maps to find my way around.

I have booked the Hotel Campanile Nancy Sud-Vandoeuvre for 5 nights. This hotel is about a mile from the botanic gardens, so it's not too far away. I booked on Expedia putting Villers Les Nancy into the search box. Of course you can book other ways, but I tend to like Expedia..

The cost was £229 for two adults for five days. There is a small hotel tax on top of 0.70 euros per person per day.

If I have said anything wrong, please feel free to correct me.

I was hoping to redeme some Avios for the Eurostar but you can only go to well known places, not Nancy.

Do click on the various links on the EEE website, the tourist guide to Nancy is really good.

Hope I have been of some help.

Edited by David Ahrens
  • Like 1

I've done some reaserch as well as David as Im interested in going. We want to stay there for two days (Friday and Saturday). What I found out is that it would cost (Me and my dad) around £600 on petrol in both ways (were planning to visit Paris on our way back). In additon, it will cost £65 for accomondation (1 night). So bassically it will cost around £700 pounds for a hotel and travel and additional £200 to spend on plants (I would pay for that by myself).

Of course its sounds a lot but considering getting a train isn't a good idea. First of all Im sure I won't be the only person didin't know our way round. Plus it would cost some money for a taxi to get us from the train station to the hotel and from the hotel to the EEE back and to the station. Getting a train means that we wouldn't be able to get to Paris.

I'm only really interested in going to the EEE carnivorous plant show. In fact if I can go to France, attend the show, and return home the same day, I will be happy. :-)

I'm only really interested in going to the EEE carnivorous plant show. In fact if I can go to France, attend the show, and return home the same day, I will be happy. :-)

It takes around 8hrs from where you live to get there. Thats about 16hrs in one day. :) Good luck in that! :Laie_76C:

I agree with Gekon, it may be long and tiring to travel from North England to Nancy...

It's wise to stay one or two nights at Nancy to enjoy better the EEE. And Nancy is a so charming city!

I would like to inform everybody that programm is now validate, and we work to the website (I'm not informatician, it's long and hard!).

We will publish it quickly.

Also i cant image how would someone transport plants in the train. Its just impossible in my opinion. Im going for 99%. It all depends whenever my dad will work during these days or not.

I've got a question, are we need to buy a ticket? If so then can we get it before or on the day of EEE?

I would like to go with my girlfriend, but all flights from Bilbao airport are very expensive. It´s very weird, ´cause is quite cheap to travel by plane from Bilbao to London or Manchester, but Nancy is closer, (so it´s supposed easier to get in) but much more expensive.

I will try to have a look at the high speed train... if it gets ´till there. Or I can get there by driving my car. But I think will be very tiring... and I think I have to pay lots of tolls...

This weekend I will try to work out how much gas I need to get there, and the prices of the tolls. If they are reasonabe I could consider going by car...

Edited by The body snatcher pod

Also i cant image how would someone transport plants in the train. Its just impossible in my opinion. Im going for 99%. It all depends whenever my dad will work during these days or not.

Oh, I've do it two years ago! I was go to Chester from Nancy by train (Nancy-Paris East, Paris North-London St Pancras, London Euston-Chester, and the same for the return!), and I'd bring a few plants back...

Possible but tiring.

I've got a question, are we need to buy a ticket? If so then can we get it before or on the day of EEE?

Yes, you have to buy a ticket, and yes, you can register before. I hope we can open registrations quickly...

Like others EEEs, you have to register if you want to go the the lectures, the fieldtrip, the meals...

I would like to go with my girlfriend, but all flights from Bilbao airport are very expensive. It´s very weird, ´cause is quite cheap to travel by plane from Bilbao to London or Manchester, but Nancy is closer, (so it´s supposed easier to get in) but much more expensive.

I will try to have a look at the high speed train... if it gets ´till there. Or I can get there by driving my car. But I think will be very tiring... and I think I have to pay lots of tolls...

This weekend I will try to work out how much gas I need to get there, and the prices of the tolls. If they are reasonabe I could consider going by car...

Maybe you can do a group trip with other spanishs? It's maybe the easiest way.

Hmmm! Don´t know if I will manage to make a group. Anyway prices of flights or trains will be the same. Maybe another year! The thing is that it won´t the only trip I´ll make this Summer, so going to Nancy and to UK (I´m traveling to UK in mid July) could be a little bit expesive.

Hopefully, this Exhibit will return next year, and hopefully, near here, in Zarautz, we have a lttle exotic plats exhibition, (not only CP) and there will be a stand of CP from Nature et Paysages (Jean Jacques Labbat). He comes to this fair every year!

• 3 weeks later...

Excuse me Christian, I forget to post programme here...

Thanks prized to do it for me. I'll start a new topic with it!

And sorry, but registration aren't open for the time... It's a little bit pressing but I hope it will work quickly!

• 3 weeks later...

I am trying to book the train to Nancy. I can't find Nancy station which I know is called Gare du Nancy. I can find Nancy Ville. Is Nancy Ville the station I need ?

I have tried to send you a PM but the system doesn't seem to be working.

Edited by David Ahrens