Bad ebay Seller and Cultivar Discussion.

I said

"too quick to start selling it ............ This is sometimes due to greed and sometimes just over enthusiasm"

If you are not selling it then clearly it doesnt apply to you.

You also said

You can only be certain that you have something different if you collect registered cultivars, as here someone has actually applied a set of rules before recognising it.

Just because something has a label that says it is a named cultivar doesn't guarantee anything either. You're totally reliant upon the seller's honesty.

This is true, hence my statement that you only can be certain if you buy registered cultivars, as these are selected because they are clearly different an can be seen to be so. Anything thats just been given a fancy name then you take your chances

Back to the point , this Ebay seller gives names to VFTs and then sends out typical plants, he is a Shyster. Currently he is selling juvinile Darlingtonia as "Red" at £15 a pop, and we all know that's codswallop. As the topic title states..........."Bad Ebay seller" so,stay away.

If this seller is a bad seller on Ebay then he must have a lot negative feedback,if i buy on Ebay i go first search for documentatie before i buy.If you buy whitout know wat you buying then it s your own fault.If i buy a plant on Ebay and the seller send something els then i buy ,i give him negative feedback and claim my money back ,never a risk if you pay whit paypall.

If seller have a few negative feedbacks then it s over whit sell anything.

I think if you are a grower of CP then you must know wat you are buying .This is still allways to the point,if you know hes not sell the right plants then not buy this.Some people buy plants because she like this and are not intresting in labels.

If you think hes bad seller then you must rapport him to Ebay.

Someone written hes not react on the forum,meaby hes not intresting in forums and not know from this topic,i sell in summer a lot of haworthias and cactussen but i been never on a cactus or haworthia forum.

You can meaby contact this person and say hes sell the wrong plants,personally i don t like it when someone say on a forum i am a bad seller whitout i know this,

Cheers Will

As most named VFTs look like typicals anyway hes not doing anything different to many other sellers. Some plants I have bought with fancy names that now or have always looked like typicals include, Yellow fused tooth, Big Mouth, Funnel Trap, Red Purple, Red Line, B52 and probably others I cant think of at the moment. Im sure others can extend this list considerably.

Do your research, get feedback from other growers stick to registered cultivars or take a gamble its your choice.

Edited by mantrid

This is true but when the named plants look like typicals you dont really know for certain they are fake.

Dont get me wrong I wouldnt buy a red mars as it is just a red VFT like all the rest. I just have a red dragon myself I dont have any other reds as for me there is no significant difference between them.

This person may very well be selling fakes but it is not good to say so without proof. The seller has no negative feedback from the sales of 100s of plants I cant believe that all those buyers are ignorant newbies. Some of the buyers would have at least given negative feedback if they had received a fake. and if the cultivar is so similar to a typical that it can be confused then I dont think it deserve to be named and anybody with a bit of common sense would not even consider buying it.

I don't think they have sold a cephalotus since this topic began,and i see they have some "neutral" feedback.

But, i still don't think any serious grower of cp's would buy from them and i doubt even less they would own up to being "goosed" and give negative feedback if they did.

I think they are selling plants to new(er) growers who want to try something they haven't got or tried before and get it cheaply.

ada

Hmmmmm now i bought 10 "mixed dionaea" bulbs from zenflora back in may, supposedly 3-5 years old,

I didn't know what i was looking at so left positive feedback, i know know through experience i got nothing more than some divisions that were all very flimsy.

I lost all of them as they were all really to fragile to be uprooted, posted and repotted.

I also have a Big Boy that is a division that i'm pretty sure said originated from FREDG but he's just been here saying he never sold any ?

I'm taking my cephs on Jeremy Kyle for dna testing!

I also have a Big Boy that is a division that i'm pretty sure said originated from FREDG but he's just been here saying he never sold any ?

That doesn't mean that he didn't give any away though. Not everyone is interested in profitting financially :wink:

I said I never sold any, I didn't say I didn't pass any on.

I believe I know from what you said who your seller is :D

Well i reckon i may well have a division that originated from your generosity then FredG ;-)

As has been said here already, your best bet is to buy from a reputable person or company.

All my cephs get the same love and attention anyhow whether it's a Dudley or a typical.

I bought my B52 and Yellow fused tooth from people on this forum, I bought my Big Mouth and Funnel Trap and Red Line from reputable nurseries whos owner are regulars on this forum. Question, should I name them and label them fraudsters because the plants they sold me look like typicals.

No of course not, for the following reasons;

They sold/swapped me the genuine article, it looks like a typical because it didnt deserve the name in the first place.

It could be they did sell me typicals but sold in good faith believing the plants were genuine themselves.

or it could also be that they did know they were typicals and ripped me off. But I dont really know so will give them the benefit of the doubt and an important lesson learned.

Dont go rushing out buying a newly named plant. Wait and see if it is worthy of a name, do your research ask other growers of their experience.

Edited by mantrid

• 2 weeks later...