Mold and recommended fungicide

Hello

I have very annoying dome kind of mold in my terrarium. It allready killed 4 B. Guehoi seedlings and it seems to grow. I sprayed it several time with Bayer Garden Systhane Fungus Fighter but it doesn't seems to work. Can anyone recommend me a good fungicide? I searched here on forum but I couldn'y find the good one.

Hi Gekon, Is it a fuzzy grey mould? If so it could be botrytis which apparently thrives in humid or unventilated conditions. I had a some on my D regia seedlings recently, I lost a few but managed to save the rest by taking the propogator lid off the seed tray till they'd grown a bit.

There's a write up about it here on the RHS website but basically they are saying that there aren't any chemicals licenced for use by amateur gardeners and treatment (according to them) relies on hygene, clearing up and improving ventilation. Other fungicides don't seem to touch it but some of the other growers here might know differently.

Good luck

Gaz

There's probably loads of info on the net but this site gives advice and a few pictures click here, have a look to see if it looks like your grey fluff..certainly sounds like botrytis though.

Bayer Garden Systhane Fungus Fighter is myclobutanil and it's mainly for black spot, rust, powdery mildew. You can try using fungicides based on chlorothalonil and/or azoxystrobin (eg. Amistar by Syngenta), fenhexamid (Teldor by Bayer) or thiophanate methyl (Topsin by Nippon Soda). I don't know if they have the same names in UK.

Does the fan blow fresh air into terrarium or is it closed inside and just stirs air? Maybe try to open terrarium from time to time...

What helps for me is removing the symptoms by hand. I use a little wooden stick to remove all the green and grey and brown stuff. If the rest of the conditions are right, this should work. But you have to be tight and cautious and not let it grow out of hand. I don't like chemicals because they pile up in culture due to lack of streaming water.

• 2 months later...