Help about plants who need to go inside from outside?

Tarek

Hello everybody,

I realy need your help , poeple who have better knowledges. Since Spring, my some plants been outside in greenhouse, not very good quality greenhouse, bought it from wilkinsons.

Plants who are inside:

Sarracenia hybrid ; Saracenia purrpurea

Dionea muscipulata and dentata

Drosera heliaformis ; Drosera Staphulata, Drosera Capensis , Drosera Madagascariensis , Drosera Anglica.

And very important , it`s seedling, who been growing more than one year, half of time inddor, and from spring outside, is Drosera Alliciea , about 40 of them, and Drosera Capensis Red.

QUESTION : With one of this plants i should allready put inside? And with one i can leave it ?

Last winter S.purpurea and hybrys,Dionea muscipulata been outdoor, but none of droseras.

Looking forward to hear from you, thank you very much.

Edited by Tarek

Hi Tarek, I thought we'd been here before.Capensis and anglica are fine up here all winter providing you give them ventilation.

The capensis red is not fully hardy up here,or at least mine wasn't.

I can't comment on the rest as i don't grow many drosera.

ada

• Like 1

If you want to be absolutely certain about keeping your plants alive over winter, you can leave the purpurea outside and the D. anglica if it is in a large enough pot to prevent rapid freeze and thaws, but everything else will need protection. If you look up the dormancy reuirements for each of your plants, that will give you a good idea as to what actions you should take regarding winter temperatures and photoperiods and hence where to put them and how to protect them.

Cheers

Steve.

• Like 1

Drosera heliaformis ; Drosera Staphulata,

I presume the second plant is Drosera spatulata? Most forms of this are subtropical and cannot stay outside. The first one, no idea what you mean, possibly Drosera filiformis? If it is Drosera filiformis then it would be hardy outside with a bit of shelter, e.g. in your greenhouse.

Edited by gardenofeden

• 2 weeks later...