Something new from my savage garden

Guest Andreas Eils

Guest Andreas Eils

Hello,

it seems I have caught a lucky moment to be able to read and post here again. To be honest I can hardly believe my luck! I´ve had very bad problems to load CPUK into my browser at all (different browsers in fact). Usually I get the error messages "server not found", "server does not respond", "server time out". :ireful3: It has nothing to do with the board software and Andy did everything possible to help me.

The problems can return. So, if you wonder where I am, the above described problem is guilty. *sigh*

Okay, let´s go to the more comfortable things in life. :-)

Oh, btw is Daniel O. perhaps anywhere around? He should see this! I show you Drosera tomentosa (var. tomentosa - if this is still a valid taxon) which develops its famous furry flower scape.

gallery_1944_362_130578.jpg

This time everything works perfect, Dani! :tu:

gallery_1944_362_91216.jpg

Love these white hairs! <3

The pics are taken with my stepfather´s new digital camera, a Panasonic Lumix TZ 31. I´ve had it in my hands for only an hour... ;-) Still need some time to play with it!

Hope, you like the plant as much as I do. Thanks again, Dani!

Bye bye

Andreas

• Like 1

Beautiful plants, I too love the white hairs of D.tomentosa var.tomentosa - and yes this taxon is not only valid but will (hopefully) soon be reviewed and revalidated, :)

Congrats,

Fernando Rivadavia

Guest Andreas Eils

Thank you very much, mates! Oh, Fernando, have you emmigrated? --> "Now in San Francisco, California". :) I believe I have read some time ago that some varieties of South American Drosera species have been elevated to species rank, so I wasn´t sure if the var. tomentosa is still part of the name.

I´m just wondering if I can get the seeds germinated! Have done everything Tobias adviced me. Well, when my plants will flower I could try to cross-pollinate them, so I have another chance to grow them from seed. Hmmm...it has become rather cool in Northern Germany now. 7°C at night and only 15°C at daytime the last few days. I hope it´s not too cold for the Tomentosas... :unsure: They stand on the balcony. Next week shall become warmer again...hopefully so!

Bye

Andreas

Hi my friend,

really lovely plants and flower scapes.

I´m very happy that it worked this time, aren´t they beautiful. :wink:

Cross-pollination isn´t neccessary at all, normally you should receive a very big number of seed which germinates in very high quantity but you can also try leaf cuttings.

I have not been an active member here on the forum the last few weeks because i´m not in Germany at the moment, i really hate the German summer (in Germany we shouldn´t call it summer) so i went to the beach, of course not to the German sea. :blum3:

Hopefully my plants are also fine like yours.

Best regards,

Dani

Guest Andreas Eils

Aaah, look, there he is! :D

C´mon Dani, this year the summer was adorable in Germany! 40°C on the hottest day! So less rain than it wasn´t for decades!

But, between you and me, I would appreciate joining you on your beach of the Black Sea! :wink:

Yes, I´m really happy with the Tomentosas this time! I´m just waiting for the first flowers to open!

Cheers!

Andreas