D. adelae: How to pollinate and produce viable seeds?

Rodrigo

Here in Brazil all the grower that has a D. adelae says that it is difficult-there :mad: , however when pollinates can she ends up generating infertile seeds :confused: .

For all I know she was widespread in my country by two people who purchased the plants in the same place, abroad. They don't know if they came with some genetic problem, but the fact is that you cannot propagate them by seeds in any way :sad: .

Given that I do here some questions:

1) Here, in Europe, this plant has such a problem?

2) independent of the answer to question above, any member of the CPUK knows how to solve the problem in question?

Best regards,

Rodrigo

Is a terrible news know that the pollinating D. adelae, to obtain viable seeds, it is not a local problem :banging: and so I have every sympathy with some of you who also face this problem :sad: .

I will continue researching and, who knows, one day I can solve this mystery.

In any case thank you very much for trying to help me :thanks: .

Best regards,

Rodrigo

Rodrigo,

I think it must have something to do with where the three sisters are from: Queensland. They have made some special modifications to their pollen/anthers and they don't work like nearly all other sundew flowers. I've never even seen pollen on any of them. Yet they do make pollen, so it is my conditions that are not conductive to pollen formation and then even if there were pollen, I think the pollinator must not be the normal kind for drosera either...

Dave Evans - Your arguments are plausible, but the answers above realizes that there are cultivators who managed to pollinate this carnivorous plant and get seeds viable. Now how could this is a mystery, because I could not answer my question.

Ron - The flowers of your plan are similar to those of Drosera Adeale and thus believe that the manual pollination is possible. I will continue to persevere and who knows, some day, I find the answer to my question.

Even more to see friends and thanks for trying to help me.

Best regards,

Rodrigo