D. Capensis Seeds

wild11112

Hi wild

Mark is absolutely correct in the storage method, but to state the blindingly obvious, make sure they are dry before you put them in the fridge otherwise they run the risk of rot in an airtight container, if you are keeping them for any length of time.

I keep my Capensis in an open paper envelope in a cool, dry place (variable 8-15C) from now till spring, which is when I plant them, in late March with gentle bottom heat till the weather wams up. I notice little if any discernable drop off in seed viability between the two methods, you alway seem to get thousands of the blighters, I think that Capensis are virtually indistructable, which is a useful trait for me when growing stuff.

Cheers

Steve

Hi wild

If you start them now in a greenhouse or on a window cill you are almost guaranteed to get germination, the trick will be keeping them growing or at least alive with the cooler conditions and lower light levels over winter, which without additional heat at least, will probably condemn them to death, but if you can keep them growing they will be fine.

Cheers

Steve