My little cactus in flower

Natale

8 hours ago, pirks said:

80cm diameter is quite a large pot, how on earth did you manage to repot it without getting impaled with at least one of its spines. How did you manage to pick it up as it must be heavy

Hi,

for repotting and above all to preserve the plant and my skin, I did this: from a Brico shop I bought corrugated cardboard with which I wrapped the plant by making many layers and keeping them firm and compressed with cloth tape. After this first step, I then wrapped the plant with thick, stiff cardboard and held everything together with duct tape. When all the thorns were safe, I created a mountain of soil on the floor with the help of two pockets of soil and placed the plant on its side on top of the soil. So I took off the old pot and removed the old soil, I put in the new pot, the terracotta and some soil, and getting help because this operation is impossible on its own, we raised, as if it were a lever, the plant and the his pot in an upright position, this was the most difficult moment, I believe that only the plant weighs more than 100 kg, afterwards everything was easier ...... This will surely be the last repotting ...
Sorry, I used translate ...

• Like 1