Hello from the UK

Kyla

So hi, I'm not really that great at introductions and talking about myself, but I'll give it a go. In case you hadn't noticed, my name's Kyla. I'm 22 and live in South Shields which is in the North East of England.

I'm a bit of a nature geek and basically love all plants and animals, especially the more unique species and adaptations; so I generally think carnivorous plants awesome.

I recently decided to buy a Venus Fly Trap online, which is doing really well, so a few weeks later I bought a B52 Venus Fly Trap as well as a Cape Sundew. Anyways, here's some photos.

VFT24-08-12.jpg

This is the one I've had the longest, it looks like there's a second plant growing next to it now, where all the new growth is.

CapeSundew24-08-12.jpg

My Cape Sundew, not really much to say except that I love it.

B5224-08-12.jpg

This is my B52, it's looking a bit worse for wear to me but I'm not sure if I'm just comparing it to the other taller fly trap. Any thoughts?

Anyways, that's all I really have to say!

Hi Kyla

Welcome to the forum. Looks like you've found South West Carnivorous Plants, well done, they sell excellent plants so I'm sure they'll grow well for you. You'll find lots of information and growing tips, as well as many plants for sale.

Regards

Alex.

Thanks everyone for the welcomes.

Brechtj: Thank you! I have some pitcher plant and VFT seeds hopefully on their way to growing soon too.

Alexa: Yes, I came across it a while back, thought it was about time I got some for myself. I was amazed at how healthy and well packaged the plants were. Growing tips should definitely help me out, I've been researching loads but still feel like there's a lot more for me to learn.

WeXi: Thank you, this seems like a really good place for me to get started.

We number the people with same names in the department. For instance, at one time, in Chemistry, we had 3 Georges - George 1st, George 2nd, George 3rd. We had 3 Sues. It's fun to say, "Hi Sue!" and have all 3 of them turn around and then say, "Man, we have a lot of Sue-age!"

Haha, we just went on appearance when there was the two of us with similar names, I am tall and red headed, and Kayla is shorter with brunette hair. Luckily we looked completely different so we had nicknames based on that instead to make things easy.

Ironically, yesterday at work, 'Kyle' was delivering sample vials and I just had to tell her about Kyla & Kayla. She wasn't aware of their existence. I also think she thinks I'm a geek!

Kyle is in Building 4. Kayla & Kyla are in Building 1. Kayla is in Microbiology and Kyla is a production supervisor, different shifts. We have over 600 employees, all shifts, 24/7. It's like being in a small town. Kyle hardly knows me. It might be a bit strange for her to have a relatively new person / guy / older to be talking to her about anecdotal names. We live in a suspicious world and just about anything can be construed as 'creepy.

Hi Kyla

I visited southwest carnivorous plants last week whilst on holiday in cornwall. They have a lovely collection of plants and its well worth a visit, by prior arrangement with them. Welcome to CPUK.

Hi Carnivine, thanks for the welcome! By your name I assume you are a fellow pokemon fan? I would love to visit there one day, it'll take a bit of saving up since it's on the opposite end of the country, but one day I hope to go!

Hi Paolo, thank you!