Very deep red VFT from Homebase!

I've been buying some of those too, and was wondering how well they'd grow in a tub. I like the idea of a mass of traps but not sure on the best way to go about doing it....

My thinking is - buy a large pot, cut it down to size a little (not too much because I know they like deep roots), then plant a few into it and wait for nature to take its' course. Question is, how well will they fare in such a situation?

I've been buying some of those too, and was wondering how well they'd grow in a tub. I like the idea of a mass of traps but not sure on the best way to go about doing it....

My thinking is - buy a large pot, cut it down to size a little (not too much because I know they like deep roots), then plant a few into it and wait for nature to take its' course. Question is, how well will they fare in such a situation?

I can't imagine that they wouldn't do well. I've got a good big ceramic pot about 30cm across that I'm filling with flytraps. If you look at Guillaume's pictures on the forum here, he has some flytraps in big pots.

Sorry I probably should have used some grammar to make more sense of that sentence. I bought it a few months ago, the picture was taken 2 weeks ago.

It has been growing well and looks healthy, plenty of new growth since purchase, the only thing I have noticed is that it does seem to stay closed with prey longer than my other VFT's.

I need to re-pot it but havent brought myself round to it yet!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I probably should have used some grammar to make more sense of that sentence. I bought it a few months ago, the picture was taken 2 weeks ago.

It has been growing well and looks healthy, plenty of new growth since purchase, the only thing I have noticed is that it does seem to stay closed with prey longer than my other VFT's.

I need to re-pot it but havent brought myself round to it yet!

I know this is a slightly old thread but i bought a VFT from Homebase too, lovely looking too and i also noticed that the traps stay shut for longer than i thought.