Haven't posted pics in a while..

thez_yo

Here are some pictures :) I've moved since last I had posted nepenthes balcony photos and now I have several that are growing inside behind a window because they really shouldn't get such low temperatures as San Diego sees outside in the wintertime.

N.densiflora x robcantleyi SG I believe from either EP or BE (don't remember who made it)

DSC_0005-20.jpg

DSC_0004-23.jpg

N.khasiana x viking from a private grower

DSC_0001-26.jpg

DSC_0002-21.jpg

N.thorelli x campanulata an EP Seedgrown hybrid afaik

DSC_0003-20.jpg

N.campanulata x (spectabilis x talangensis) from a private grower in California

DSC_0006-24.jpg

N.dubia from Malea from AW

DSC_0007-21.jpg

N.bongso the MT clone

DSC_0008-23.jpg

DSC_0010-16.jpg

DSC_0011-16.jpg

N.'Song of Melancholy' a Sam Estes hybrid

DSC_0013-20.jpg

DSC_0014-17.jpg

N.glabrata BE clone

DSC_0015-16.jpg

N.platychila BE clone I believe

DSC_0016-12.jpg

..and some non-neps while I'm already posting: some cobra seedlings

DSC_0009-18.jpg

DSC_0010-15.jpg

..filiformis sbsp filiformis flowering

DSC_0008-22.jpg

..graomogolensis

DSC_0014-16.jpg

..and ceph 'big boy'

DSC_0006-23.jpg

• Like 1

Lovely nepenthes, good to see what my densiflora x robcantleyi might look like in the future, Densiflora x robcantleyi is a Borneo Excotics hybrid. Just planted some nepenthes bongso seeds from uk cps, hope mine look as good as yours.

Ah, thanks and thanks :)

Some nice plants.

Yeh, to confirm any Robcantleyi hybrids originate from BE and will do for several years to come.

Also - I could be wrong, but I think your khasiana x viking, should actually be Viking x khasiana. This cross was produced in Thailand and seeds sold in early 2008. I had a load and Shawn in Thailand grew a load of plants - so it's interesting to hear some have made their way into the US, unless someone else had seed and has quietly been growing them (which is possible). I've not seen anything to suggest that the cross has also been done the otherway around (as you've written here).

Given the right light, these pitchers can go deep red. For these it seems that good direct light causes the plants to be more green - a trait which it seems to inherit from 'Viking'.

Some nice plants.

Yeh, to confirm any Robcantleyi hybrids originate from BE and will do for several years to come.

Also - I could be wrong, but I think your khasiana x viking, should actually be Viking x khasiana. This cross was produced in Thailand and seeds sold in early 2008. I had a load and Shawn in Thailand grew a load of plants - so it's interesting to hear some have made their way into the US, unless someone else had seed and has quietly been growing them (which is possible). I've not seen anything to suggest that the cross has also been done the otherway around (as you've written here).

Given the right light, these pitchers can go deep red. For these it seems that good direct light causes the plants to be more green - a trait which it seems to inherit from 'Viking'.

Thanks, and excellent thx :) yes that does make sense considering they've been cornering the 'queen x king' and all market..

I'll go re-check the label. Edit: yep it says khasiana x viking. I have noticed that whatever portion of the pitcher is receiving direct light will turn cherry red, otherwise anything on the backside of the pitcher will remain green. I almost exclusively window/balcony-grow, so it gets whatever the sun is giving haha!

Edited by thez_yo