Some flowering Utrics

Hello,

four species of Utricularia sect. Pleiochasia pleased me with their flowers right now. U. dichotoma and U. uniflora have flowered already before, but i grow U. paulineae and U. novae-zealandiae for several years and this is the first time i see the flowers from them so i wanted to share them here :-)

One question for those, who might know - how do i recognize U. novae-zealandiae from U. dichotoma? If i remember well, they are very similar, but there should be some characteristics to separate them. I would like to verify, if i have the real U. novae-zealandiae.

So, here are the flowers:

671dichotoma1.jpg

803dichotoma2.jpg

U. dichotoma

582novae_zealandiae1.jpg

111novae_zealandiae2.jpg

U. novae-zealandiae

548uniflora.jpg

U. uniflora

815paulineae1.jpg

670paulineae2.jpg

U. paulineae

Regards

Adam

Edited by Zlatokrt

That is exactly why i am asking... moreover, these plants have almost identical genome size, which also indicates, that my "novae-zealandiae" is probably wrong labeled. I always hoped, that the flowers will show some difference, but it seems, that i recieved a plant with the wrong ID in the past.

I have heard, that U. novae-zealandiae has some hollow or something, but i do not remember where it was supposed to be or how it was supposed to look like. I hoped someone would tell me more here :smile:

Adam

Edited by Zlatokrt