Nepenthes in movie Prometheus

• 10 months later...

First Lucas and Spielberg rape old Indiana Jones, and then Damon Lindelof and Ridley Scott rape the Alien monster whose now been fathered by a rapist vajajay-faced worm that bleeds acids and heals faster than Wolverine... What is going on? I swear Ridley is obsessed with using rape as a vehicle for female empowerment; which is just retarded. And turning the Aliens into Las Plagas Parasites is also retarded.

I feel sorry for that N. ventrata for even being in this wreck of a movie. Sci-Fi without any “Sci”. The Nep is easily the coolest thing about this confusing film, every other character is suffering from a really bad personality disorder for no reason (maybe they went nuts from the hypersleep?) and none of them seems remotely interested or capable of doing their characters' career functions--like the guy that makes maps gets lost walking back to the ship. The folks on the ship don't really care. And it doesn't matter since they all die for no particular reasons (several get attacked by Las Plagas Zombies--really??) it is just time to get rid of them i guess. And it is just a the same N. ventrata we’ve all seen.

• Like 1

LOL at the cynical responses here. Well said! What a disappointment that movie was. My biggest gripe is the "scientist team" who were ALL acting like complete morons and none of them even wanted to be there. Here you find an alien civilization, what's left of it anyway, and they all just want to go home totally uninterested...I don't even want to talk about the biologist who makes baby talk and tries to pet an alien snake-like creature that rears its head in aggression...

Anyway, I did spot the nepenthes right away as well. It was a Ventrata from what I remember (and placed poorly as it was too obvious it didn't grow there)

How about at the end where the woman that acted like at robot for most of the movie runs in a straight line under a falling starship collision that apparently occurred in only two dimesions? After the self-induced C-section abortion of a giant quatopus parasite, she gets up runs around fights a giant alien hand to hand gets beat down like she fought Mike Tyson grunting and bleeding the whole time and the best part is jumps off platform, misses the other side and is able to lift herself up! What is she made of? Oh yeah determination.

For a moment I thought the movie was going to stop being terrible and the snake-worm was going start singing, "Hello my baby, hello my honey, hello my ragtime gal!" and then attack. About 1/2 through, I started wondering if they had a mix up and the put the very expensive special effects on the wrong copy, but released it anyway hoping no one would notice. Now I realize Ridley Scott has got issues.

LOL that's hilarious. Honestly there's sooo much to be said...The only cool thing I parted with from the movie was that struggle between the octopus thingy and the engineer - that was very well done. Special FX today are just amazing.

Ridley Scott though...So hard to believe he once did Blade Runner. He's probably just senile (and too rich to care)

The funny thing about that, the best part of the movie was actually drawn on a computer! Its not really special effects but extremely detailed digital cartoons. And frankly, if they just wanted to make good flick, why did they even have any people in the movie? I would be happy just watching the blue people work on their project without a bunch of idiots running around and dieing and never saying one good line of dialolog the whole movie. No wonder they want to wipe us out in the movie's logic/mythos--every human really is a jackass in need of being harvested for their tissue.